CONSULTATION PUBLIQUE SUR LA FUTURE STRATEGIE DE L'UE EN FAVEUR DE L'APPUI AUX ORGANISATIONS DE LA SOCIETE CIVILE ACTIVES DAS LE DEVELOPPEMENT- Date limite 7 mai 2012 (23/03/2012)
The European Union is seeking the views of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and other stakeholders on the future policy of the EU with regard to support to CSOs in the field of development cooperation. This future policy, called Communication, will be adopted before the end of 2012.
In the context of the preparation for this policy, the Directorate-General for Development and Cooperation – EuropeAid (DG DEVCO) undertakes an online stakeholders' consultation based on the "Consultation Paper on CSO in development ". The paper is available in english and french on http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/how/public-consultations/6405_en.htm.
Through 19 questions, the EU is seeking your views and experience concerning the following topics:
- CSOs and development effectiveness principles;
- challenges related to a shrinking legal and regulatory space for CSO action;
- promoting the participation of CSOs in public policy processes and in domestic accountability;
- enhancing CSO internal capacity;
- CSO internal governance and accountability;
- towards a consistent EU engagement with local CSOs at country level;
- 'new areas for reflection'.
We encourage you to broadly disseminate this link to your members and partners. Stakeholders can respond to all or only to part of the questions.
Your views are important for us, please send your contribution to DEVCO-CSO-CONSULTATION@ec.europa.eu before the 7th of May 2012.
The contributions will be published in a report that will be published on the website of DG DEVCO by end of July 2012.