Services for Journalists
The European Union and its institutions strive to work together with the media and provide them with as much information as possible. The Delegation in India works closely with the local media and international media based in India. Regular contact is maintained with the journalist through specialised press events, briefings, and familiarization trips. The goal of the Delegation is to ensure that information about the EU is passed to the journalist quickly and accurately. (Please also see the press materials on this website for up coming events, press releases, speeches and photos.)
The Delegation receives a number of high-level visits from Brussels and holds regular press briefings throughout the year. Other activities includes familiarization trips to Brussels where Indian journalists working on EU and international topics can become more acquainted with the EU institutions and the people involved in the decision making process.
The Delegations regularly distributes press-releases to journalists. If you are interested to receive them, please send us your email address.
Please contact the Press Officer of the Delegation for all media related issues:
Ms Gunjan Chanana
Tel: +91 -11- 49496565
General Information on the European Union
The European Union and its institutions have excellent websites to update the media and the public on its activities. On these sites, you can find press releases, speeches, audiovisual files, as well as full explanations of the activities of the various institutions. Please see the links to the right.
- The internet portal of the European Union, includes links to all major institutions and agencies
- The homepage of the European Commission
- The website of the External Relations of the European Commission
- The Trade website of the European Commission
- The Press Room of the European Union
- Access to the European Union law, including digital access to the Official Journal, where all EU legislation can be found
- Directorate General Communications
- List of contacts for the media
- Site designed especially for journalists by the European Journalism Centre in cooperation with the European Commission