European Union presents on-line information tool to further develop trade and export possibilities for Kazakhstan's business (07/12/2010)
ASTANA – To facilitate the access to the EU market for potential exporters from Kazakhstan, the Russian language version of a European information online toll – the Export Helpdesk – was recently launched.
The European Union (EU) is the world’s largest single market. Kazakhstan's businesses enjoy preferential conditions to export to the EU that reduce significantly ─ or in some cases even totally remove ─ the import duties to be paid when entering the EU market.
Despite these advantageous trade opportunities, Kazakhstan's producers can still increase their exports even more. The Export Helpdesk is a free online service provided by the European Commission to facilitate market access for developing countries to the European Union. The Export Helpdesk gives detailed information on how to export to Europe, from product-specific duties to import tariffs and trade statistics as well as useful links to business associations in six languages: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic and now in Russian as well.
By visiting the Export Helpdesk, you will find:
- EU and Member States' import requirements as well as internal taxes applicable to products;
- Import tariffs and other import measures;
- EU preferential import regimes benefiting developing countries;
- Trade data for the EU and its individual Member States;
- Links to stakeholders in trade promotion such as chambers of commerce, trade associations and business directories;
- The possibility to lodge detailed information requests about real-life situations encountered by exporters;
- A What's New section to host newsletters.
Take a look at the Export Helpdesk at: