Project Officer – Cross Border Cooperation (24/01/2012)
The EC Liaison Office to Kosovo has the following vacancy for Local Agents positions
Title: Project Officer – Cross Border Cooperation
Section : Operations
Reference: ECLO 01/12
Status: Local Agent
Function: Project Officer – Cross Border Cooperation
Assist the Team Leader in the preparation, management, and follow-up of projects and programmes of pre-accession assistance for Kosovo in the fields of Economic Development/Cross-Border Co-operation issues. He/she assist in the monitoring and reporting on relevant sectoral developments of actions related to the EC co-operation with Kosovo in conformity with the annual progress report, the MiPD and the Annual Action Plans
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Support policy dialogue with all relevant ministries, agencies, donors and other relevant stakeholders in all areas of concern
- Report on sectoral issues to the Team Leader
- Contribute regularly and in timely fashion to the Liaison Office’s reporting to Headquarters on sectoral issues, as well as in response to any specific requests
- Contribute to the programming of activities under the Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA) in close co-operation with beneficiaries and other donors
- Preparation of terms of reference, call for proposals, technical specifications, project fiches as appropriate
- Assist with the procurement process including evaluation of tenders
- Follow-up the implementation of projects; monitor the performance of contractors and the respect of contractual obligations (via management and monitoring meetings, periodic reviews, evaluations, audits etc.)
- Produce and disseminate the results of projects at workshops, seminars, conferences and other public events contributing to the achievement of the Liaison Office’s objectives for the visibility of EC activities in the country
- Provide back-up to other team members, as necessary
- Maintain good and effective contacts with the local operators in the field, with the national authorities and institutions, with representatives of the diplomatic missions of Member States, with representatives of international donors, with NGOs and other local non-official actors.
- Prepare and assist missions from Headquarters
University degree in relevant area. Post-graduate studies in relevant area would be an asset.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
At least three years of proven professional experience in the areas specified.
Financial and economic analysis of projects, EC procurement procedures, and contract management would be an asset.
Excellent command over spoken & written English, as well as Albanian and / or Serbian.
Other skills: Fully computer literate; Ability to work in a team; Good organisational capacity; Flexibility to work under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands; High degree of responsibility; Ability to establish and maintain effective communication with peers, subordinates and superiors; Ability to grasp instructions and directions rapidly; Ability to judge importance of different tasks and requests, precision, clarity of judgment.
Applications should be submitted by e-mail only to DELEGATION-KOSOVO-ADMIN@eeas.europa.eu with a letter of interest indicating the job reference number and a detailed CV in English using the “the European Curriculum Vitae Format, which can be downloaded from http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu
Please attach a copy of your relevant education degree.
The deadline for submission of applications is 31/01/2012
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.