Welcome to our dedicated section to Climate Change!
Combating climate change is a top priority for the European Union. For several years now the European Union has become an international leader in tackling climate change and has placed it high on the EU agenda, as reflected in the EU climate change laws and policies. The EU is also actively supporting partner countries in facing the climate change challenge, both multilaterally, and through regional and bilateral cooperation with partner countries in all developing regions.
Leading in climate change carries a cost, but doing nothing will be far more expensive in the long run.
The EU is taking action to curb greenhouse gas emissions in all its areas of activity in a bid to achieve the following objectives:
- consuming less-polluting energy more efficiently,
- creating cleaner and more balanced transport options,
- making companies more environmentally responsible without compromising their competitiveness,
- ensuring environmentally friendly land-use planning and agriculture
- and creating conditions conducive to research and innovation.
In this section you will find more information about the EU's climate change laws and policies and how the EU and Mexico work together to face the climate change challenge. Enjoy surfing!
|CLIMATE ACTION||COMMISSIONER FOR CLIMATE ACTION
|CLIMATE CHANGE COMMISSIONER TWITTER|