Results of the Public consultation "What funding for EU external action after 2013?" (18/05/2011)
The European Commission will present in the course of 2011 its proposals for the scope, structure and outlook of the post-2013 Multiannual Financial Framework, including the legislative proposals for the external action financial instruments.
In this context the Commission held an online public consultation on future funding for EU external action between November 26th 2010 and January 31st 2011.
The aim of the public consultation was to gather views on specific aspects and options for future EU external action spending from interested persons and stakeholders.
The report aims to present the variety of contributions made by the various interested persons and stakeholders that contributed to the online consultation. In total, the Commission received 220 replies to the questionnaire. About 60% of the contributions come from organisations and the remaining 40% were sent by individuals, covering a wide geographic spread in both EU and non-EU countries.
The results of the public consultation can be found here: