The Role of the EU Delegation
The role of the EU Delegation in the Sudan is to:
- Ensure the representation of the European Union to Sudan in the areas set out in the EU Treaty of Lisbon.
- Ensure the follow-up of EU policies in all sectors.
- Promote and defend the values and interests of the EU through monitoring human rights, continue development cooperation and promote humanitarian assistance in the Sudan.
- Coordination with Member States’ embassies in the fields of EU competencies like trade and external assistance.
- Takes part in CFSP demarches.
- Reports back to Headquarters on all matters of interest to EU policies.
- Maintains and increases the visibility, awareness and understanding of the EU.
- Ensures the long-term programming of aid and the management of programmes and devolved projects within the framework of the current reform of external aid management.
- Assesses humanitarian needs, recommend support to humanitarian interventions across the country and monitor the implementation of ongoing projects through the European Commission Humanitarian Aid (ECHO) Office.
- Ensures the follow-up of bilateral relations in the areas of political, economic, trade and external assistance cooperation (financial and technical).