About Erasmus Mundus
What is the Erasmus Mundus Programme?
Erasmus Mundus is a cooperation and mobility programme in the field of higher education that aims to enhance the quality of European higher education and to promote dialogue and understanding between people and cultures through cooperation with Third-Countries. In addition, it contributes to the development of human resources and the international cooperation capacity of Higher education institutions in Third Countries by increasing mobility between the European Union and these countries.
The action most applicable to Taiwanese students is Action 1, whch offers students the opportunities to enroll in Master and Doctorate degree courses with scholarships in Europe.
Erasmus Mundus supports European top-quality Courses at Master level in order to promote the EU as a centre of excellence in learning around the world. They are integrated course of one to two years (Master degree) or three to four years (doctorate degeree) offered by at least three universities from three different European countries. They foresee a study period in at least two of the three universities and lead to the award of a recognised double, multiple or joint diploma.
If you are interested in applying for Erasmus Mundus courses and scholarships, you simply have to follow these very simple steps:
- Go to the webpage where the Master's courses and Doctorate's courses are listed.
- Go through the list, and see what course you would like to apply and attend.
- Once a course or courses are picked, then fo to the corresponding website for that particular course or courses.
- Follow the application procedure decribed by the course's corresponding website.
- That's it!!!
- You do not apply via either the EETO or the European Commission.
- Each course has a 'coordinating university', who oversees the application process. You apply to those universities.
- You may apply for three Erasmus Mundus courses maximum per year.
- The deadlines for applying for 2012 academic year enrollment are between now to early next year. Please check each courses' websites for details.
- If you have stayed (for study or work) in the EU for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years, then you are not eligible to apply for Category A (24,000 euros per year) Erasmus Mundus scholarship. However, you may still apply for Category B (12,000 euros per year) Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
- If you have any more questions, please write to email@example.com