EU launches project to remove trade barriers and protect consumers through strengthened system of quality assurance of products in Ukraine (23/01/2009)
The EU-funded Project “Technical Assistance to the Ukrainian Quality Infrastructure” will hold a press Conference as follows:
Date28 January 2009
Time: 14.00 -15.00
12, Hospitalna St., Kyiv
The event will give the media a chance to learn about this new €3 million project which will help Ukraine to strengthen and expand its quality assurance institutions (all aspects of metrology, standardization, testing, quality management, conformity assessment and accreditation),
Improving Ukraine's quality infrastructure will have threefold results:
- It will increase companies' competitiveness.
- It will break down technical barriers to trade
- It will help achieve Ukraine's objectives in the fields of the environment, health and consumer protection
The opening statements will be given by:
- Ms Laura GARAGNANI, Head of Operations, European Commission's Delegation to Ukraine
- Mr Marco D'AMBROSIO, Policy Officer, European Commission Directorate General for Enterprise and Industry
- Mr Viktor Mykhailovych PANTELEYENKO, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Economy of Ukraine
- Mr Leonid Mykhailovych VITKIN, Deputy Head of DSSU, The State Committee for Technical Regulation and Consumer Policy of Ukraine (DSSU)
- Mr Dimitris BAKOLAS, President of European Profiles S. A.(Greece) – Project's consortium leader
The project context and overview will be presented by a Member of the Project Team, mainly focusing on:
§ The broad picture: Safety and quality of products in the international and European Union perspectives
§ Is products quality an essential element to the external image of a country and even to national sovereignty?
§ Expected results of the project
After the presentation journalists will have the opportunity to ask questions on the implementation of the project.
Ms Oksana Sokour, firstname.lastname@example.org, 47, Chervonoarmiiska St., Office 17 Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel: +38044 583 07 75 Fax: +380 44 583 07 75