European Union Launches Twinning Project “Support to the Academy of Judges of Ukraine“ (16/09/2009)
Twinning Project “Support to the Academy of Judges of Ukraine“ will be launched at a press conference on Tuesday 22 September at 15.00 pm – 16.00 pm in the conference room of the State Court Administration of Ukraine, 18/5 Lipska str, Kyiv.
The Twinning Project “Support to the Academy of Judges of Ukraine” is aimed to support the creation of a national system of judicial training in order to establish an efficient, transparent and predictable justice, as well as an effectively functioning court system. The Project started in July 2009 and will last 24 months.
The Project includes: the creation of a basis for implementing a national system of initial training (training of judge candidates), testing (criteria for the examination of candidate judges) and ongoing training (training of judges).
The Project will be implemented by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Justice in cooperation with the Austrian Center of Legal Competence (CLC) and the Academy of Judges of Ukraine.
This Project has the following main goals:
- Initial Training curricula covering both practical and theoretical aspects as well as manuals for trainers of the initial training are developed
- Trainers for the initial training are trained
- Testing and selection criteria and materials for the examination of candidates for judges are developed ensuring a unified, transparent and anonymous examination
- Qualified examiners are identified, approved and trained
- Ongoing Training of judges with a focus on EU Law is implemented (incl. distance or e-learning curricula)
The Programme will be introduced at the press conference by:
- Mr. José Manuel Pinto Teixeira, Ambassador, Head of the Delegation of the European Commission to Ukraine
- Mr. Alexander Bayerl, Deputy Head of Mission, Austrian Embassy
- Ms. Tetyana Kovtun, Director,Programme Administration Office
- Ms Iryna Voytiuk, President of the Academy of Judges of Ukraine and Project Leader BC
- Ms Doris Obereder, Judge and Project Leader MSP.
For registration and additional information please contact:
Mr. Pavel Zhuravlov,
Tel.: +38096 656 31 39, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org