Resident Twinning Adviser Assistant (06/06/2012 15:00:32)
Resident Twinning Adviser Assistant
“Strengthening the Protection and Enforcement of Intellectual
Property Rights in Ukraine”
Twinning Reference Number: UA11/ENP-PCA/TR/30
A vacancy for a position as European Union Twinning Project Assistant, related to Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) in Ukraine, is hereby announced.
If you are interested in applying for this position you should send CV and covering letter, highlighting your strengths, to email@example.com before 20 July 2012. The recommended CV format can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/enlargement/how-does-it-work/technical-assistance/twinning_en.htm. It should be sent in Microsoft Word Format.
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen the protection and enforcement of IPR in Ukraine. The project will aim to do achieve this through strengthening the administrative capacity and competencies of the State Intellectual Property Service of Ukraine (SIPSU), analysing the current legislative framework and proposing changes in line with relevant EU acquis, and providing training of judges, state inspectors customs officers and others. Through these initiatives project should facilitate a decrease in the current piracy level and create more favourable conditions for investment and innovation in Ukraine.
1. Content of the Job
Overall purpose: To provide administrative support to the Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA) during the implementation of the Twinning Project.
- To ensure good communication between the Twinning partners in Ukraine, the EU Delegation to the Ukraine and the Project Administration Office in Ukraine.
- To ensure good communication between the Project management in the State Intellectual Property Service of Ukraine (SIPSU) and The Danish Patent and Trademark Office (DKPTO)
- To maintain the Project accounts.
- To assist in all logistical matters related to missions in Ukraine and overseas study visits.
- To assist in all logistical matters related to planning of training, seminars and conferences.
- To help appoint and to cooperate with a language assistant
- To participate in translation and interpretation, when required, by the RTA and/or visiting experts.
- To prepare Expert Mission Certificates and monthly Mission overviews.
- Advise Experts on invoice preparation.
- Ensure Project documents are correctly signed.
- Provide ad hoc support to the RTA in all administrative and logistical matters.
Education: minimum requirement - bachelor’s degree or equivalent academic degree in economics, law, international trade or a discipline related to the project, or equivalent proven practical experience.
- Certified proficiency in English including excellent writing skills.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Word, Access, Excel, Power Point).
- Comprehensive experience with project administration.
- Knowledge of, and flair for, book keeping and financial project administration.
- Deep understanding of the context of Ukrainian government structures and political environment.
- Experience in working with the Ukrainian Public Administration.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- An open, easy going and service oriented nature.
- Experience with working in a multi cultural environment.
- Knowledge of the Twinning instrument would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of administration of EU projects and programmes would be an advantage.
Qualifications and skills:
- Excellent verbal and written command of English and Ukrainian.
- Proven organisational, communication, mobilisation and change management skills.
- A deep understanding of the context of Ukrainian government structures and political environment.
- Well-documented ability to achieve results.
Specific professional experience:
- Proven knowledge of European Union project management procedures and financial regulations, preferably through management and participation in EC-funded technical assistance projects.
- Proven experience in supporting programme management – preferably EC-funded projects.
- Experience in writing reports and developing presentations; ITC literacy required.
3. The work conditions
Place of work: The RTA-Assistant will work at the State Department of Intellectual Property in Kyiv, Ukraine (SIPSU).The RTA-Assistant will report to the RTA, an employee of the Danish Patent and Trademark office.
Contractual nature of the job:The RTA-Assistant will be employed as an independent consultant under a Service Contract signed by the Danish Patent and Trademark Office. This implies that the RTA-Assistant will be self-employed and undertake full responsibility for the payment of all taxes and obligations deriving from the legislation in force in Ukraine, including for those related to medical and social insurance.
Remuneration: Highly dependent on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Duration of the employment: The contract will last 18 months and it is a full time position. The starting date is dependent on European Union approval of the Twinning Project and is expected to be 1st September 2012.
If you have any questions you can contact RTA Mr. Erling Vestergaard, Danish Patent and Trademark Office, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews will be conducted with a short listing of at least 3 candidates in the beginning of August 2012. Interviews will be conducted in Kiyv.
More information on the Danish Patent and Trademark Office can be obtained here: http://www.dkpto.org/