Job Description – Project Assistant to Resident Twinning Advisor (10/08/2012 09:37:38)
TWINNING PROJECT TW UA11/ENP-PCA/HE/32
The Twinning Project “Supporting Ukraine in approximating its phytosanitary legislation and administration with European standards” is seeking a Project Assistant to support the Resident Twinning Advisor (RTA). Based at the State Veterinary and Phytosanitary Service (SVPSU) in Kiev, the Assistant will assist the RTA and team of German, French and Latvian experts, working closely and supporting them in the completion of their tasks and duties. The Project Assistant will be supported by a project translator/interpret for language matters.
- Provision of support to the RTA in administrative and organisational issues,
- Making travel arrangements and arrange meetings for the Project Leader, RTA, the short-term experts and other foreign specialists involved in the project,
- Coordination of missions of short-term experts and other foreign specialists in relation to the project,
- Assistance to the RTA, the short-term experts and other foreign specialists involved in the project in matters related to language problems or other problems due to being and working in a foreign country,
- Organisation of meetings, workshops and conferences, including meetings of the steering committee of the project,
- Practical support in the implementation of daily work of the RTA the short-term-experts and other foreign specialists involved in the project in the Ukraine,
- Drafting of minutes of meetings,
- Drafting of written materials with relation to the project in Ukrainian and English, e.g. reports,
- Performing of necessary office and office management tasks, including record keeping.
- Accounting of project expenditures,
- Providing very occasionally interpretation and translation services (from Ukrainian into English and from English into Ukrainian).
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written),
- Good knowledge of German (oral and written),
- Good knowledge of Ukraine and its institutions, legislation and administration and knowledge of EU issues,
- Experience in organising workshops and meetings,
- Proficient with a computer,
Excellent experiences in Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Experience in drafting and contributing to reports,
- Hard working with excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work closely with the RTA and team of experts,
- General knowledge in bookkeeping.
Assets (will be considered as advantage)
- Experiences in further computer programmes,
- Experience as RTA’s assistant in Twinning projects, or with the implementation of projects funded by the EU, or other bi-/multilateral projects
Application: Please send your CV and covering letter in English by email to
Mr. Jürgen Rummel
Application’s Deadline: 17.08.2012
Approximate date for interviews: 22.08. – 24.08.2012
Approximate start of project implementation: 03.09.2012