The European Union Delegation to Afghanistan is looking for: Project Officers
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
We offer four posts of Project Officer. Under these posts, the recruited persons will be attributed functions in the Cooperation section of the EU Delegation to Afghanistan, in Kabul, under the overall responsibility of the Head of Cooperation and the direct supervision of a Team Leader. The four posts will cover the following areas of work:
- Project officer 1: Cross –sector Policy Analysis
- Project officer 2: Economic Development (including private sector)
- Project officer 3: Social Development (including education, health and displaced persons/, migration)
- Project officer 4: Human Development (including civil society / human rights / gender equality)
Depending on the needs of the EU Delegation, the overall responsibility of the project officers will be to advise on and manage the formulation and implementation of EU aid programmes and projects in support to the people of Afghanistan.
Areas of work:
- Sector analysis
- Programming and project identification
- Procurement, contracting
- Monitoring and Evaluation
We expect an enterprising and pro-active work attitude, a team player and acceptance of the values of the European Union.
The recruited person will work in a multicultural working environment. The fixed Term Employment contract is of one year duration, starting with a 3 months probationary period. The length of the working week shall be 37.5 working hours. The Delegation premises are located at Charahi Sedarat, Share-Naw, Kabul Afghanistan.
The post falls under Group 1 of the Delegation’s salary scheme. EU salaries in Afghanistan are highly competitive. The exact amount will be communicated upon finalizing the recruitment. We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Relevant university degree:
- PO1: economics, law, political science, or related.
- PO2: economics
- PO3: social sciences, education, health
- PO4: law, political science, or related.
- Minimum five (5) years of working experience on policy/sector analysis and advice in the related field, programme implementation and management (including monitoring, evaluation, procurement, contracting..) and analysis
- Proven fluency in written and spoken English, Dari and Pashto (written and spoken);
- Good computer skills on MS Office tools.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Knowledge about the European Union
- Knowledge of another European or Afghan language
- Experience of work in Diplomatic Mission, International Organization or Public Institution;
- Experience in security analysis, political analysis, working with government institutions.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to email@example.com.
Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which post the application is submitted.
The package should include a cover letter in English explaining your motivation in applying for the post, a curriculum vitae using EU CV Format (https://eeas.europa.eu/sites/default/files/chapter_6_annex_en_local_agent_model_of_cv_19.doc) scanned copies of relevant diplomas / certificates of degrees and work experience; at least 2 references.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure firstname.lastname@example.org
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase, which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is 5th Janary 2023 at 15:00 CET