CBC Kukes-Gjakova Clean Water project
Summary of the Project
The project aims to improve water management in Kukes and Gjakova, as well as increase the capacities of main stakeholders and awareness-raising among all beneficiaries
To improve policies and practices of water protection and management through improved enforcement of wastewater standards and infrastructure
- Dialogue, policy cooperation and capacity building through partnerships
1.1. Functionalizing / Establishing multi-sector Regional Water Boards.
1.2. Public Consultations with citizens and businesses on Water planning and management.
1.3. Water Management Plans for Kukes and Gjakovë/Djakovica in line with EU standards.
1.4. Monitoring water pollution levels in Kukes and Gjakovë/Djakovica.
1.5. Mapping of solid pollution spots in rivers in Kukes and Gjakovë/Djakovica..
- Households connected to the sewage system
2.1 Construction of sewer system in Llukac, Gjakovë/Djakovica.
2.2.Construction of the main collector of Kukes, and wastewater treatment plant
2.3. Handover procedures and technical acceptance of infrastructure projects and maintenance.
- Management of Natural Water Resources through improvements in River Bank
3.1. Construction of Llukac River bank in Llukac (Gjakovë/Djakovica).
3.2. Handover procedures and technical acceptance of infrastructure projects and maintenance.
- Awareness and capacities of stakeholders
4.1. Annual Thematic Campaigns for Improved public awareness on protection of water resources
4.2. CSO and SME Competitions promoting sustainable water management measures
4.3. Development of Website in local languages on water preservation.
- Dialogue, policy co-operation and capacity building through partnerships between citizens, CSOs and public in support to Clean Water Resources in Gjakova and Kukes is promoted
- The number of households newly connected to the sewage system increased
- Management of Natural Water Resources through improvements in River Bank infrastructure improved
- Awareness and capacities of relevant stakeholders including decision makers, utility companies, SMEs, CSOs, and citizens raised.