Job Vacancy: Project Officer - Fields of education, employment and skills
The European Union Delegation to Albania is looking for a:
in the fields of education, employment and skills.
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The mission and tasks of the EU Delegation to Albania are the following:
- Facilitate development of political and economic relations between the EU and Albania and helping Albania in its path towards integration into the EU;
- Managing EU Assistance programmes;
- Disseminating information on the EU, informing the Albanian general public, decision makers and opinion formers about the integration process, EU institutions and its policies.
The post of Project Officer (Local agent group I) in the Delegation’s Operations section II. The team consists of twelve people and there are occasional atypical working hours. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation, and on the changes of these needs. The successful candidate will serve under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Operations section II, providing support, expertise and assistance in the fields of education, employment and skills.
Main functions will include:
- Manage the development and implementation of projects and programmes of pre-accession assistance for Albania in the fields assigned to her/him by the head of section, namely including education (pre-university and higher education), employment and skills
- Contribute to programming of activities supported by EU technical and financial cooperation
- Monitor sectors from the legal, regulatory, institutional point of view. Report on sector developments, contribute to sector analysis
- Report on Albania’s progress in the EU integration process
- Support and promote policy dialogue with all relevant stakeholders (e.g. ministries, agencies, donors, civil society, private sector, etc.)
- Develop sector analysis and briefing notes
- Perform all necessary administrative tasks and all other activity required for a good functioning of the section as requested by the Head of Section
Place of employment is Tirana, Albania. The contract signed with the selected candidate will be subject to local legislation (indefinite-term contract). The length of the working week is 37.5 hours, from Monday to Friday. The basic salary will depend on relevant and verified prior employment experience, typically starting from ALL 251,069.00 (basic salary for a selected candidate with at least 4 years of relevant and verified prior experience). We offer an attractive position in a stimulating, supportive and international environment. There is a competitive benefits package for employees and their families, subject to certain conditions, including an additional pension scheme, 13th month salary, child allowance, 24 working days of annual leave, medical insurance, etc.
Minimum requirements/eligibility criteria (necessary for the application to be considered):
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Good knowledge of English and Albanian – ability to understand, read, speak and write in English C1;
- University diploma (and recognition from the Ministry of Education and Sports if graduated abroad);
- At least 4 years of proven employment experience in developing and/or implementing policies and/or projects in education and/or employment and/or labour market and/or vocational education.
Assets (selection criteria):
- Experience relevant to the post as project manager and/or policy officer in international organisations
How to apply
Submit your application and supporting documents (as requested below) to DELEGATION-ALBANIA-JOBS@eeas.europa.eu. The subject of the e-mail should be Project officer OPS2.
The package should include:
- Cover letter in English;
- Detailed CV in English (Europass format, PDF and with the duties performed for the listed positions);
Do not include other documents/scans like trainings, conferences, qualifications, etc., which are not linked to the minimum requirements. These type of documents are not required at this stage. Additional documents concerning education and work experience - relevant to the post - will be requested only to certain shortlisted candidates.
Please submit your application no later than 26 March 2023. Only complete applications received within this date will be considered.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to DELEGATION-ALBANIA-JOBS@eeas.europa.eu.
After the deadline for applications, the eligible applications will be admitted by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered the most suitable for the post based on a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their cover letter, CV and evidence on education and professional experience.
The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase, which will include a written test and an interview. Only the best candidates of the written test will be interviewed. The Selection Committee will then assess the suitability of the candidates for the post based on the results of the written test and interview.
Only candidates admitted to each successive selection phase will be contacted individually. The Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this vacancy notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.