VACANCY – Office Support Agent at our Finance, Contracts and Audit (FCA) section
The European Union Delegation to Albania is looking for an Office Support Agent
to provide administrative and secretarial support to our Finance, Contracts and Audit (FCA) section
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The mission and tasks of the EU Delegation to Albania are the following:
- Facilitate the development of political and economic relations between the EU and Albania and help Albania in its path towards integration into the EU;
- Managing EU Assistance programmes;
- Disseminating information on the EU, informing the Albanian general public, decision-makers and opinion formers about the integration process, EU institutions and its policies.
We offer the post of Office Support Agent. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Office Support Agent – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function, the successful candidate will serve as support staff to the FCA section under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of the Section.
The main functions will include:
- general administrative and secretarial support to the FCA section
- assisting in the preparation of dossiers for different meetings/events
- coordination with the Delegation’s Secretariat and other secretaries
- assist in ensuring follow-up and respect of deadlines in the section’s activities
- preparation of letters, notes, minutes, routine correspondence, presentations or other texts needed for the section’s activity
- providing assistance to the section by answering the telephone, filtering calls, taking messages, responding to general inquiries and managing the email exchange and calendar
- assist the section in organising training, meetings and events
- general assistance on correspondence, scanning, photocopy, binding support, etc.
- perform any other activity required for a good functioning of the section as requested by the Head of Section
The place of employment is Tirana, Albania. The contract signed with the selected candidate will be subject to local legislation (indefinite-term contract). The length of the working week is 37.5 hours, from Monday to Friday. The salary range is dependent on relevant and verified prior work experience. It starts from ALL 119,192.00 (gross salary for a selected candidate with at least 2 years of relevant and verified experience). We offer an attractive position in a stimulating, supportive and international environment. Benefits, such as an additional pension scheme, 13th-month salary, child allowance, 24 working days of annual leave, medical insurance, etc. are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Good knowledge of English and Albanian – ability to understand, read, speak and write in English B1;
- Secondary diploma;
- At least 2 years of proven job-related experience with general administrative and secretarial support;
- Good level of computer literacy (Word, Excel, etc.).
The following will be considered an asset:
- Experience as a secretary/administrative agent in the context of donor assistance
- Experience in EU financial and contractual procedures
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents (as requested below) to DELEGATION-ALBANIA-JOBS@eeas.europa.eu. The subject of the e-mail should be Office Support Agent FCA.
The package should include:
- Cover letter in English;
- Detailed CV in English (Europass format and PDF);
- Certificates evidencing the minimum requirements for education* and work experience**.
*Attach only the last achieved diploma (or the previous one/s if relevant)
**Work contracts, reference letters without an official stamp and documents/certificates retrieved from social insurance are not considered as evidence. Evidence of work experience shall state the position held and date (starting date and ending date/ongoing) attested by the previous employer(s).
Please, do not include other documents/scans like training, conferences, etc., which are not linked to the minimum requirements. These types of documents are not required at this stage.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to DELEGATION-ALBANIA-JOBS@eeas.europa.eu. Replies may delay due to the public holidays during December 2022 and January 2023.
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a shortlist of candidates who are considered the most suitable for the post based on a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their cover letter, CV and evidence of education and professional experience.
The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase, which will include a written test and an interview. Only the best candidates for the written test will be interviewed. The Selection Committee will then assess the suitability of the candidates for the post based on the results of the written test and interview.
The candidates who have not been short-listed for the written test will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is 6 January 2023.