VACANCY - International Researcher/Analyst for the Austrian Development Agency (ADA)
The Austrian Development Agency (ADA) is the Operational Unit of the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC). It is in charge of implementing all bilateral programmes and projects in ADC partner countries and administers its budget.
For the implementation of the EU and ADC funded project International Monitoring Operation (IMO), ADA is looking for a qualified and experienced candidate to fulfil the position of International Researcher/Analyst, located in Tirana.
The overall objective of the IMO is to align the Albanian justice system with the EU acquis and best international practices. The specific objective is to increase the professional quality of judges and prosecutors, reduce the impact of organised crime, politics and corruption in the delivery of justice, and enhance the integrity and accountability of judiciary institutions.
Description of the assignment
Under the supervision of the Chief Researcher, the International Researcher/Analyst assists the International Observers in monitoring all the phases of the re-valuation process with specific reference to the assets and background assessment.
Roles and responsibilities
- Collects, from all possible sources, information regarding the subject to be examined;
- Assesses the probative value of the information and the documents collected;
- Writes a complete and concise report of the investigation performed, describing the evidence collected, their evidential value and the facts that the evidences had proven;
- Reads the reports already available, analyses all the proving documents and points out if all the facts described had been sufficiently proven by the evidences collected;
- Suggests possible investigative strategies to strengthen the evidential value of the items of evidence collected
- Participates with a supporting role to hearings, panels, sessions, meetings, discussions, and interviews related to the case investigated or reviewed;
Requirements for the position
- University degree preferably in Law or Economics;
- 5 years of work experience, preferably in law enforcement agencies, tax authorities, banks or in investigative fields;
- Experience in operations similar to missions with judicial reform mandate is an asset;
- Understanding of the specificity and the sensitiveness of the programme activity;
- Excellent written and spoken proficiency in English;
- Knowledge of Albanian language is an asset;
- Very good oral and written communication and presentation skills, excellent analytical skills, pragmatic approach, strong in strategic thinking and operational planning;
- Citizen of EU member state.
Submission of applications
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st of May 2022 (midnight), indicating “International Researcher/Analyst” in the subject and including a Europass format CV in English language, a motivation letter, and 3 professional references with names, contacts and working relationship (at least one referee should have been your direct supervisor). Application sent after the deadline will not be taken into consideration. Only short listed candidates will be notified for personal interview. Failure to submit an application containing all the required information and documentation within the set deadline will lead to the rejection of the application. High preference will be given to candidates with quick availability.
Appointment and conditions of employment
The successful applicants selected by the recruitment committee will be employed by ADA.
For this post, the required level of clearance is EU SECRET. Candidates who currently hold a valid personnel security clearance at the above-mentioned level (or higher) may not need to obtain a new one, pending confirmation from their respective National Security Authority. The National Security Authority of the candidate shall provide ADA and the IMO Board with an opinion or a personnel security clearance in accordance with relevant national legislation. In case selected candidates do not currently hold a valid security clearance at the above-mentioned level, the IMO Board will request such from the National Security Authority of the candidates’ state of citizenship. In case of a failure to obtain the required personnel security clearance or if the National Security Agency issues a negative opinion at the above-mentioned level after the signature of the contract, ADA has the right to terminate the contract.