VACANCY - Temporary (interim) Finance and Contracts officer
The European Union Delegation to Albania is looking for a Temporary (interim) Finance and Contracts officer
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The mission and tasks of the EU Delegation to Albania are the following:
- Facilitate the development of political and economic relations between the EU and Albania and help Albania in its path towards integration into the EU;
- Managing EU Assistance programmes;
- Disseminating information on the EU, informing the Albanian general public, decision-makers and opinion formers about the integration process, EU institutions and its policies.
We offer a temporary (interim) post in our Finance, Contracts and Audit (FCA) section. The selected candidate’s main tasks will be assisting the FCA section in preparatory tasks for financial initiation, such as assisting with the preparation of procurement files, contract files, payments and recoveries, closures, and filing of procurements and contracts. The post requires a strong work ethic, attention to detail and being a team player.
The place of employment is Tirana, Albania. The selected candidate is set to start as soon as possible but no later than 1 February 2023. The duration of the contract will be until 31 August 2023. The length of the working week is 37.5 hours, from Monday to Friday, with working hours 08:30-13:00 and 14:00-17:00.
The gross salary range will be from ALL 200,000.00 to ALL 240,000.00, depending on the experience and qualifications of the selected candidate. The selected candidate will be entitled to two working days of annual leave per month, despite the duration of the contract.
- strong experience with public procurement
- knowledge of PRAG (Contract procedures for EU external actions practical guide) will be considered an advantage
- experience with payments for grants and service contracts
- experience in the field of legal and finance procedures
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents (as requested below) to DELEGATION-ALBANIA-JOBS@eeas.europa.eu. The subject of the e-mail should be Interim - FCA.
The package should include:
- Cover letter in English (Europass format and PDF);;
- Detailed CV in English (Europass format and PDF);
- Certificate/s evidencing work experience relevant to the post and based on the requirements.
Please, do not include other documents/scans like training, conferences, etc., which are not linked to the requirements. These types of documents are not required at this stage.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to DELEGATION-ALBANIA-JOBS@eeas.europa.eu.
After the deadline for applications, a Selection Committee from the FCA section will review the applications. The shortlisted candidates will be invited to an assessment phase, which may include a written test and an interview.
The candidates who have not been short-listed for the written test will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is 3 January 2023.