The European Union Delegation to Armenia is looking for: Secretary
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation represents the European Union in Armenia and ensures bilateral relations in the political, economic, trade and so-operation fields, promotes and protects the interests and values of the EU.
We offer a post of Secretary in the Political Press and Information section of the Delegation. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Secretary with a primary focus on operational, administrative and secretarial assistance – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. The ability and willingness to work within a team and to meet short deadlines are very important. The selected person will provide general administrative support and document management services, and carry out general secretarial tasks in Political, Press and Information Section of the Delegation under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section.
It is full time office work, in multicultural environment, during regular business hours.
Working hours: 37, 5 hours/week Monday-Friday
Place of employment: EU Office, 21 Frik street, Yerevan, Armenia
Duration: unlimited (with 3 months' probation period)
Group: Group 3 in the EU system
Place of employment is city Yerevan. The post is in the group 3 with a starting basic salary of 579,027.00 (gross) AMD.
We offer a competitive progressive career in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Has a good working knowledge of English;
- Knowledge of Armenian (native speaker);
- Candidates with a level of education, which corresponds to Secretarial school studies attested by a diploma or completed Bachelor’s diploma.
- Minimum of 3 (three) years of relevant job experience as secretary, office support agent in performing duties similar to those mentioned in job description.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Russian and/or additional EU language competency;
- Other university degrees;
- Experience in state, international, diplomatic organisation or in a dynamic private sector company;
- IT skills.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. The package should include:
- a work permission (for non-Armenian citizens, in case a non-Armenian candidate is selected, you are requested to obtain a valid work permit in the Republic of Armenia within 1 month timeframe after being hired, if failing to do so, the Delegation reserves the right to terminate the contract),
- a cover letter in English (one sided A4 page maximum),
- a detailed CV that will clearly indicate previous employments in "DD/MM/YYYY-DD/MM/YYYY" format for start and ending dates for every previous position (when calculating experience, for any overlapping periods of positions, the Delegation will take into consideration only one of the employments),
- CV shall be in Europass format (available at https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/home) ATTENTION! CVs in any other format will not be considered.
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Pre-Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Pre-Selection Committee will prepare a short list of eligible candidates; this list will be reviewed by the Selection Committee, who will establish a shortlist of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which will include an interview. During this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually. However, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications to be received is: 02/08/2022 at 23H55 Yerevan Time