EU-funded Twinning Project looks for Assistant to the Resident Twinning Advisor (RTA)
EU funded Twinning Project
“Strengthening mandatory health insurance mechanisms in Azerbaijan (Phase 2)”
Twinning number: AZ/19/ENI/HE/01/21(AZ 58)
Is seeking to recruit Assistant to the Resident Twinning Advisor (RTA)
Duration: up to 24 months (indicative start date: June 2022)
Position is based in Azerbaijan (170, L.Tolstoy str., Baku, Azerbaijan, AZ1000) in the premises of the State Agency for Mandatory Health Insurance (SAMHI).
Gross monthly salary: 1.500 EUR
Contract type: fixed term service contract.
The RTA Assistant will report directly and will be supervised by the RTA.
Tasks of RTA Assistant:
- Act as a principal assistant to the RTA and visiting short term experts;
- Assisting to the RTA with project co-ordination and management;
- Assisting to the RTA in organization of experts’ missions, trainings, seminars, workshops, steering committee meetings, and other project events;
- Overall management of the office administration, including filing, organizing trainings, expert missions, local travels, general desk office work etc.;
- Assisting in organization of meetings in cooperation with RTA and Beneficiary Country partners, preparing meeting agenda and taking minutes;
- Drafting and editing of minutes of meetings, assisting to the RTA in drafting and editing monthly, quarterly and final project reports and any other relevant documents;
- Developing and maintaining close working contacts and relationships with Beneficiary Country officials involved in each of the activities and the project management;
- Assisting in handling of budget accounting;
- Act as a translator and interpreter (Azerbaijani to English and English to Azerbaijani) when needed;
- Arrangement of travel, booking accommodation and study visit;
- Office management, monitoring telephone and general correspondence;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the RTA.
Requirements for RTA Assistant:
- University degree;
- The RTA Assistant may not have or recently (past six months) have had any contractual relation with the beneficiary administration;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Azerbaijani language;
- Computer literacy (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet);
- the RTA Assistant must be able to work fairly independently as well as part of a team and be initiative and flexible;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Some understanding of financial management;
- Excellent abilities in drafting documents.
The following skills will be considered an asset for RTA Assistant:
- Experience in EU funded projects, especially as RTA Assistant in a former Twinning project;
- Communication skills;
- Experience of working in an international environment;
- Knowledge of Russian language;
- Knowledge of EU policies and institutions;
- Team player.
The interested candidates are requested to submit their CV and a letter of application in English by 30th May, 2022 via e-mail to the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates only will be invited to attend an interview. The date and place of the interview will be additionally indicated to the shortlisted candidates.
The above-mentioned Twinning project is an EU funded joint project between Lithuania, represented by the National Health Insurance Fund under the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Lithuania together with Central Project Management Agency (CPMA) and Azerbaijan, represented by the State agency on mandatory health insurance (SAMHI).
The purpose of the project is to contribute to strengthening resilience of the national health sector in Azerbaijan. With the specific objective to support the Government of Azerbaijan in improving quality, equality, efficiency and accessibility of health services in line with European best practices.
The selected person will be a self-employed independent consultant under a Service Contract and will undertake full responsibility for the payment of all taxes and obligations deriving from the legislation in force in the Republic of Azerbaijan, including for those related to medical and social insurance. The RTA Assistant will carry his/her duties and tasks on the base of contract concluded with the CPMA and RTA.