The main objective is to strengthen the trade policy of the Government of Azerbaijan and to provide support in its ongoing World Trade Organisation accession negotiations.
• To support the Government of Azerbaijan in the improvement of the trade related legislation and its compliance with WTO rules and the best international practices;
• To assist the Government of Azerbaijan in operating the Trade Remedies Unit, namely to assist a specific department of the State Service for Antimonopoly Policy and Consumer Rights Protection (SSAPCRP) which assumed the responsibilities on trade remedies;
• To provide assistance to the negotiating team of the Republic of Azerbaijan in their WTO accession negotiations on both multilateral and bilateral levels, including all stages of preparatory work and coordination with line ministries;
• To strengthen the institutional capacity of the Trade Policy and WTO Department of the Ministry of Economy, in particular in preparation for the WTO accession negotiations;
• To raise the public awareness of WTO and trade related issues