Support to the Implementation of the Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) in Botswana - (2020-2024)
This €6 million programme is enhancing the capacity of Botswana’s public and private sectors to fully reap the benefits of the EPA between the European Union and the Southern African Development Community (SADC). The EPA offers duty- and quota-free access to the EU market.
The programme aims to increase export-led growth in Botswana leading to job creation. This is being achieved by:
- increasing and diversifying non-mineral exports;
- attracting innovative technology and know-how through foreign direct investment;
- supporting the beef and leather value chains, and other non-traditional ones;
- enhancing enterprise and product competitiveness with growth and export potential; and
- strengthening youth entrepreneurship and women's economic empowerment.
The programme facilitated the participation of Botswana in the Biofach Fair in Cologne in July 2022, which allowed some Botswana SMEs to network and engage with EU importers of organic food products. The programme is also supporting the development of a National Branding Strategy.
Crecimiento integrador, compromiso del sector privado