THE EUROPEAN UNION DELEGATION TO BRAZIL IS LOOKING FOR : Accounts clerk
The EU Delegation in Brasilia represents the European Union in the Federal Republic of Brazil, working in close coordination with the Embassies of the EU Member States. The Delegation ensures bilateral relations in the political, economic, trade, scientific, technological and cooperation areas within the framework of the Strategic Partnership with Brazil.
The Delegation's main tasks include:
o to promote and defend the values and interests of the EU;
o to give visibility and promote awareness of the EU in Brazil ;
o to ensure the promotion and follow-up of EU priorities and policies in areas of mutual
o to carry out the tasks of the local EU Presidency;
o to support other EU Delegations in the region, in particular in the areas of cooperation and IT services.
We offer a post of Accounts clerk. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Accounts clerk – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function, the successful candidate will provide assistance to the Head of Administration.
Specific tasks include the following:
- Request validation and manage financial record of suppliers, service providers and local officers and agents of the Delegation and answer on any questions regarding the subject;
- Prepare payments of expenses of the Head of Delegation and Deputy Head of Delegation in (ABAC) internal system;
- Record reimbursements of personal expenses, cash expenses (imprest account) and other invoices of the entire Delegation in the internal system;
- Financial management of the Delegation's staff missions;
- Registration of contracts in the internal system;
- Assist control (ex post control) and audit missions in Brazil, when requested;
- Assume the tasks of the accountant, in his absence.
- Supervise the respect of financial rules thus providing reliable information in the initiation or verification of operations;
- Perform forecasting, monitoring and reporting on assets, expenses and resources;
- Contribute to the development and homogeneous and compatible implementation of procedures, standards and methods for processing and consulting financial information and documents;
- Provide guidance and technical support to staff / team performing operational initiation functions throughout the financial process (selection, negotiation, preparation, correction and closing of contracts, commitments, payments, recovery, filing and visas) to resolve specific financial issues as well as ensure financial viability and sound financial management;
- Filing financial documents, correspondence and returning files and requests for clarifications;
These tasks may be modified if the evolution and needs of the Administration Sector's work so require.
The working environment and conditions are as follows:
- Place of employment: Brasilia
- Group and starting basic salary: Group 3 – Minimum basic salary 8.969 BRL (Providing selected candidate meets the criteria of minimum of 3 years' of experience)
- Working hours: Monday to Thursday: from 09h00 to 14h30 and from 15h30 to 18h00 and Friday 08h00 to 13h30 – Total 37.5 hours per week. The working hours can be changed according to local law and by needs of the Delegation.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
We look for
- Education, knowledge and skills: University Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Administration or Finance.
- Languages: Excellent Knowledge of Portuguese and English
- Minimum working experience: candidates will, after obtaining the qualifications mentioned above, have acquired at least three (3) years of professional experience related to tasks described above. Experience working within an Embassy or international organisation will be an asset.
- Character references: Interpersonal and teamwork skills, initiative and enthusiasm; ability to work under pressure; high degree of responsibility; capacity to communicate and write clearly in EN and PT; capacity to work autonomously; capacity to focus on priorities, to organize and deliver work on time.
- Considered as an asset: Working in an Embassy or International Environment
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to the e-mail below with reference to: Accounts clerk.
The package should include a cover letter and a detailed Europass CV in English. (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae )
After the deadline for applications, the eligible applications will be admitted to the Selection by the Committee set up for this purpose.
Depending on the number of applications received, successive phases of Selection may include shortlisting of candidates based assessment of the information provided in the cover letter, practical testing and interviews.
Only candidates admitted to each successive selection phase will be contacted individually.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to DELEGATION-BRAZIL-VACANT-POSTS@eeas.europa.eu
Deadline for applications: 31/10/2022.