The European Union Delegation to Cabo Verde is looking for:
Who we are:
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in on the international stage through diplomacy, trade, development cooperation and working with international organisations. The EU is also represented abroad through more than 140 diplomatic representations, also known as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to that of an embassy. The EU Delegation to the Republic of Cabo Verde is a committed partner to cooperation with the country.
What we offer:
A multicultural work environment in a Delegation of around 20 people. The recruited person will have the possibility to carry out missions, with a workweek of 37h30mins and based in Praia. The agent will be classified in Group I with an initial, base remuneration of 239.258 CVE/month. We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits include a supplementary pension plan and medical insurance for the employee and their family under certain conditions.
Upon the supervision of the Head of Cooperation, the successful candidate will support the implementation of development projects and programmes, and technical and financial cooperation with third countries, specifically those related to the EU-CV Special Partnership, thematic programmes and support to civil society.
The recruited person will be responsible for the following tasks:
Sectoral analysis, and strategy development and programming
- Contribute to sectoral dialogue with all relevant stakeholders (Ministers, Agencies, donors, etc.) in relevant areas;
- Contribute to sectoral analysis and the definition of a strategy of the European Union in the sectors concerned, for example, in the form of Country Strategic Frameworks or national indicative programmes;
- Monitor the different pillars of the Special Partnership and support the preparation of Technical and Local Monitoring Groups of the Special Partnership, as well as ministerial meetings. Support the process of technical and normative convergence;
- Support dialogue with civil society, and management of CSO/LA and human rights projects.
Preparation of sectorial information for headquarters
- Study and monitor sectoral and thematic files as well as relay information to headquarters regularly and in a timely manner;
- Respond to any specific requests in this area.
Management of the Delegation’s project cycle
- Contribute, in close collaboration with beneficiary institution(s) in the host country and along the project cycle, to the definition, programming and evaluation of the projects under his/her responsibility when these develop throughout the programming process;
- Contribute to all stages of the procurement process (definition of specifications, launch of calls for tenders, etc.);
- Monitor ongoing projects under his/her responsibility (including field missions), attend management and monitoring meetings, write progress reports and propose appropriate measures to change or adapt the actions;
- Evaluate projects under his/her responsibility;
- Maintain regular dialogue with other donors present in the host country.
Preparation and follow-up of tenders
- Participate in the launch, management and follow-up of calls for proposals and tenders as well as the evaluation and selection of projects under his/her responsibility;
- Monitor the implementation of projects and oversee the performance of managers and partners; ensure compliance with contractual obligations (through periodic reviews, audits, reports, assistance measures, etc.); gather and process expert advice;
- Manage horizontal activities as well as programme and project aspects related to consultation and networking.
Representation, negotiation and participation
- Maintain effective dialogue with local operators in the field, national authorities and institutions, representatives of the diplomatic missions of Member States, representatives of the main international donors, NGOs and other non-official local actors.
N.B. The selected candidate may also be asked to take on other tasks and files in the interests of the service.
- Be medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoy civil rights and possess a work permit in accordance with local legislation;
- Have extensive knowledge of Portuguese, in addition to English;
- Have completed a higher education degree corresponding to a full cycle of university studies of at least 3 years, attested by an official diploma, and preferably in one of the following fields: engineering, law, political sciences, sociology, international relations, economics;
- Have at least 3 years of professional experience.
- Have at least 1 years of experience in the area of international relations;
- Proficiency in IT tools such as Microsoft (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), Internet.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Experience in the field of human rights or civil society within the framework of an international organisation;
- Experience in the identification, preparation and management of projects in the field of development cooperation;
- Professional experience in Cabo Verde and in the region;
- Experience in an EU Delegation.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please send your application and supporting documents under one file titled “Candidacy for the position of Project Manager – NAME SURNAME” to the following email: DELEGATION-CABO-VERDE-LOCAL-AGENTS-RECRUITMENT@eeas,europa.eu. The application package should include a cover letter (in Portuguese or English), a CV detailing the candidate’s academic and professional background (including relevant references), knowledge of languages and any other skills or activities that prove relevant for the position (in Portuguese or English).
The Delegation will not provide additional information or discuss the selection procedure by phone. Any queries concerning this procedure should be addressed to the following email: DELEGATION-CABO-VERDE-LOCAL-AGENTS-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu.
After the deadline for submitting an application has passed, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a shortlist of candidates deemed the most suitable for the position on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their cover letter and supporting documents. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to the assessment phase, which will consist of an interview. During this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been shortlisted will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as this Vacancy Notice to inform the other candidates, once the recruitment procedure has been completed, that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited. This announcement was also published at https://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/cabo-verde_pt.
The application deadline is: 11/02/2022 – 23:59