The European Union Delegation to Chile is looking for a temporary worker for Cooperation Section
We areThe European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development cooperation and engagement on multilateral affairs. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Chile together with the Member States Embassies of the European Union aims at strengthening the EU's ties with Chile in the political, economic and cooperation spheres. It carries out political and policy dialogue with State institutions, civil society and the business sector in support of mutual understanding and the deepening of the bilateral relations between Chile and the EU as set out in the EU-Chile Association Agreement.
We offer a temporary post for 2 months, as project assistant for cooperation Section (temporary worker). The job will involve assisting in supporting the implementation of bilateral EU-Cooperation programmes with Chile (Development in Transition, Team Europe Initiatives), EU-Latin America biregional cooperation programmes present in Chile (eg. EurosociAL+, EL PACcTO, Euroclima+, AL-INVEST, etc.), triangular cooperation, thematic programmes implemented locally with civil society organizations and other global cooperation programmes (ERASMUS+, Horizonte 2020, etc). Assisting functions include collecting, delivering and communicating relevant information, both internally and externally.
The selected candidate will,
- Assist in support policy dialogue on cooperation-related matters
- Assist in contribute to sector analysis and to the definition of sector strategies for the EU, in the key sectors of intervention in the country.
- Contribute to country reviews and reports, in particular in areas relevant for the SDGs, Agenda 2030 and the Consensus for Development.
- Assist in participate in the organization and coordinate the proper participation of the EU on public conferences, high level events, seminars, etc.
- Prepare briefs, reports and speeches for the hierarchy, both in Spanish and in English.
- Assist in contribute to the programming, identification, appraisal, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of EU projects/programmes in the country (project cycle).
- Contribute to all aspects of the procurement process and calls for proposals (drafting Terms of Reference, guidelines for applicants, launching tenders or call for proposals, answering questions, etc.)
- Organise periodic visits of cooperation projects and elaborate progress reports.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment.
The post is located in Santiago, working hours Monday to Thursday from 8:30 to 17:30 and Fridays from 8:30 to 14:00 (37,5 hrs weekly). This is a Temporary agent post for 2 months, minimum gross salary 2.200.000 CLP
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law.
- University degree in political or social sciences, economics, international affairs, project management, international cooperation, development or similar.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience related to the post.
- Excellent command of English (C2 level) and Spanish (C1 level) languages.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Work experience in a multilateral organisation or Embassy.
- Knowledge of European Institutions and its international cooperation policies or procedures.
- Experience in project management.
- A Master's degree in one of the above mentioned areas.
- Knowledge of the Chilean political context, institutions and operators.
The successful candidate should have sense of initiative and hands-on approach, confidentiality, good analytical and synthesis skills, capacity to work in teams, organizational skills, multicultural sensitivity and capacity to work and deliver results under pressure.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to email@example.com The package should include a cover letter, a detailed Europass CV in English (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae), scanned copy of supporting documents for educational degree and relevant Work experience, and a scanned copy of Rut (and valid visa if needed).
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview. In this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually;
The deadline for applications is: 21/03/2022 14h