SECRETARY in the POLITICAL, PRESS & INFORMATION Section
The European Union Delegation to Chile is looking for:
SECRETARY in the POLITICAL, PRESS & INFORMATION Section.
The European Union (EU) is a political and economic partnership composed of 27 countries. It plays a global role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, cooperation and development aid and working with regional and global organizations. Abroad, the EU is represented through 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation in Chile works in close coordination with the Embassies and Consulates of the 27 EU Member States. We are a fully-fledged diplomatic mission and represent the European Union in dealings with the Chilean government in areas that are part of the EU’s remit.
The post of SECRETARY (Local Agent Group 3) in the Delegation’s Political, Press & Information Section, composed of four people. The successful candidate will serve under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Political, Press & Information Section, providing support, expertise and assistance in the relevant field. The main tasks and duties required are the following:
- Overall organizational and administrative assistance in the section;
- Logistical support to the organization of meetings/events/missions;
- Facilitating contacts with Chilean ministries, international organisations and EU Embassies including maintaining contacts database.
- Organising/support to incoming visits to Chile of European institutions (including protocol and logistics);
- Organising/support to EU events in Chile e.g. Europe Day.
- Drafting of letters, formatting and transmission of reports of meetings;
- Maintenance of section files : Classification, filing, and registering of correspondence and documents
- Back-up for the EU ambassador's Secretary Assistant.
- Any other task, such as secretarial support, or ad hoc tasks relating to the activities of the Section and the Delegation.
The base salary will depend on relevant and verified employment experience, typically starting from $1.851.747. In addition, there is a competitive benefits package, subject to certain conditions, including personal leave days and public holidays, health insurances and a retirement savings plan.
The expected start date will be 15.12.2022.
Minimum requirements :
- Minimum of secretary diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience;
- Working knowledge (C1) of ES – C1/C2 of EN;
- Right to residence and work in Chile;
- Medical fitness to carry out the tasks assigned.
- level of skills of time management and interpersonal skills; capacity of organizing and coordinating meetings and agendas
- level of computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Zoom, Skype etc.);
- level of language skills (written, oral) in required languages;
- extent of archivist/archiving experience or training;
- team work fluency, high flexibility, and capacity to work under pressure;
- work history (or network of connections or similar) in the area of relations with external stakeholders, events and public relations.
- knowledge/experience of EU policies, of international relations, of inner workings of the host country politics/media; personal ability to work under pression
How to apply
Please submit your application, consisting of a cover letter , Europass format CV (https://europa.eu/europass/eportfolio/screen/cv-editor?lang=es) via the email@example.com (Reference SEC/POL) no later than 24:00h 15/11/2022. Only complete applications received on time via email will be considered.
The successful candidate will be subject to a medical check.
After the deadline for applications, the eligible applications will be admitted to the Selection by the Committee set up for this purpose.
Depending on the number of applications received, successive phases of Selection may include shortlisting of candidates based assessment of the information provided in the cover letter, CV; practical testing and interviews. 5 best candidates will be invited to the final interview.
Only candidates admitted to each successive selection phase will be contacted individually. The Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this job advertisement to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure. During the selection process, please do not contact the members of the Selection Committee, but address your questions and comments to the Delegation’s Administration.