Temporary Executive Secretary/Assistant (2 months)
The European Union Delegation to Chile is looking for a: Temporary Executive Secretary/Assistant (2 months)
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development cooperation and engagement on multilateral affairs. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Chile together with the Member States Embassies of the European Union, aims to strengthen the EU's ties with Chile in the political, economic and cooperation spheres. It carries out political and policy dialogue with State institutions, civil society and the business sector in support of mutual understanding and the deepening of the bilateral relations between Chile and the EU as set out in the EU-Chile Association Agreement.
We offer a post of Executive Secretary/Assistant. Under this job function, the successful candidate will provide administrative and secretarial support to the Cooperation Section of the Delegation. His/her tasks and responsibilities will be under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Cooperation.
The selected candidate will, among other tasks,
- Organise the agenda of the team and prepare the relevant material for meetings with internal / external stakeholders;
- Provide support related to the organisation of high level visits, missions from HQs or experts', workshops, conferences, trainings and seminars;
- Organise travel arrangements for the Delegation staff locally, regionally and to HQs.
- Provide secretarial support for the correct organisation, encoding and follow-up of contracts, payments, information and requests for the operational and financial implementation of projects (implies the use of specialized IT tools/databases) and in the preparation of call for tenders/call for proposals;
- Manage the correspondence workflow in English and Spanish including the supervision of appropriate follow-up and deadlines;
- Assume the responsibility for the general organisation of the section’s files and archives (paper and electronic);
- Provide secretarial assistance in general, such as preparing documents in Word and Excel, prepare replies to requests, uploading and keeping up to date documents in the IT registration systems;
- Assist on communication and visibility of EU cooperation in Chile (regional and locally implemented projects).
- Perform all other secretarial tasks as instructed by the Head of Cooperation.
The temporary post is located in Santiago, working hours Monday to Thursday from 8:30 to 17:30 and Fridays from 8:30 to 14:00 (37,5 hrs weekly). This is a Temporary Agent post, minimum gross salary according to market.
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law.
- Excellent command of English (C2 level) and Spanish (C1 level)[i] languages.
- A specific degree in bilingual executive secretary/administrative assistant recognised by the state or a higher education degree and relevant working experience.
- At least 1 year of experience related to the post.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Work experience in a multilateral organisation or Embassy
- Knowledge of European Institutions
- Ability to learn to manage specialized IT platforms and information systems
The successful candidate should have a hands-on approach, confidentiality, good organizational skills, capacity to work in teams, multicultural sensitivity and capacity to work and deliver results under pressure.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org The package should include a cover letter, a detailed Europass CV in English (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae), scanned copy of supporting documents for educational degree and relevant Work experience, and a scanned copy of Rut or Passport.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to email@example.com
The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which will include an exercise and an interview. In this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The successful candidate will also pass a medical evaluation before recruitment
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed.
The deadline for applications is: 01.12.2021 at 20:00hrs