The European Union Delegation to Chile is looking for:
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Chile together with the Member States Embassies of the European Union aims to strengthen the EU's ties with Chile in the political, economic and cooperation spheres. It carries out political and policy dialogue with State institutions, civil society and the business sector in support of mutual understanding and the deepening of the bilateral relations between Chile and the EU as set out in the EU-Chile Association Agreement.
We offer a post of Temporary Secretary. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Secretary – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to (among other tasks),
• Organise the agenda of the team and prepare the relevant material for meetings with internal / external stakeholders;
• Provide support related to the organisation of high level visits, missions from HQs or experts', workshops, conferences, trainings and seminars;
• Organise travel arrangements for the Delegation staff locally, regionally and to HQs.
• Manage the correspondence workflow in English and Spanish including the supervision of appropriate follow-up and deadlines;
• Assume the responsibility for the general organisation of the section’s files and archives (paper and electronic);
• Provide secretarial assistance in general, such as preparing documents in Word and Excel, prepare replies to requests, uploading and keeping up to date documents in the IT registration systems;
• Perform all other secretarial tasks as instructed by the Head of Delegation.
Under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section.
The post is located in Santiago de Chile, working hours Monday to Thursday from 8:30 to 17:30 and Friday from 8:30 to 14:00 (37,5 hrs weekly).
The gross salary $1.700.000 CLP. Notice
We offer a competitive position in an international environment.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Has a satisfactory knowledge of ES & EN languages;
- A minimum of 6 months experience in an international organisation.
The following will be considered an asset:
- A specific degree in bilingual executive secretary recognised by the state or a higher education degree and relevant working experience.
- Work experience in an Embassy
- Knowledge of European Institutions
- Ability to learn to manage specialized IT platforms and information systems.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to email@example.com . The package should include a cover letter, a detailed CV, and scanned copy of supporting documents for educational degree and relevant Work experience, and a scanned copy of Rut or Passport.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to firstname.lastname@example.org
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is: Friday 7th October 2022, 14:00h.