The European Union Delegation to China is looking for: Receptionist in the Administration Section (Chinese National, LA IV)
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to People’s Republic of China is responsible for the conduct of official relations between China and the European Union. In all matters pertaining to the European Union, the Delegation works closely with the diplomatic missions of the EU Member States, particularly the one representing the EU Presidency, which changes every six months.
We offer a post of a Receptionist. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as a Receptionist – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as support staff to:
- Overall Purpose:
- The Receptionist will execute her/his tasks under the direct supervision of the Head of Administration.
- Functions and duties:
- Standing-in at switchboard, receiving and transferring incoming telephone calls.
- Receiving visitors.
- Assisting in various administration tasks in Delegation (Small secretarial tasks, photocopying, shedding of documents, mailings, car arrangement etc.).
- Assisting in practical preparation of missions from Brussels/programme, hotel reservation, etc…
- Assisting in organization of receptions, etc...
- Maintaining and updating mailing lists.
- Occasional translation tasks.
- Assisting in the registration of attendance.
Place of employment is located in China, Beijing. The weekly working hours are 37.5h. Starting basic gross salary of a LA IV is 9163 CNY. We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Native Chinese and fluent English
- High school diploma, with at least two years experience in a relevant sector linked to Administration;
- OR University degree in a relevant field (English, IT, etc…). In this case, relevant experience would be an asset.
- Communication skills:
Capacity to communicate clearly.
- Commitment to work with quality, speed and accuracy;
- High degree of responsibility and discretion;
- Flexibility to work under pressure and sometimes above normal working schedule and to respond quickly to new demands;
- Strong sense of confidentiality;
- Proven problem-solving abilities.
- Dedication and hard working with a good team spirit;
- A letter of recommendation from a previous workplace
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to Delegation-China-HR@eeas.europa.eu in the subject line mentioning reference Family Name-Name-Receptionist-Admin Section. The application email should include a cover letter, reference letter and a detailed CV in English.
The deadline for reception of the applications is set for 17 hrs (GMT +8) on 14/10/2022.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone –please address any queries concerning this procedure to the above mentioned mailbox with a reference: Question – RECEPTIONIST –Admin Section.
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase, which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.