The European Union Delegation to Colombia is looking for: Trade & Economic Affairs Officer
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the Republic of Colombia ensures the representation of the European Union to the Republic of Colombia and the follow-up of bilateral relations in the areas of political, economic, trade and external assistance cooperation (financial and technical). It also coordinates the work of the Member States’ Embassies, particularly in the fields of EU competences, notably trade and external assistance. Regarding Trade, Colombia is a key partner for the European Union. Bilateral trade relations are increasingly important since the implementation of the Trade Agreement that entered into force in August 2013.
We offer a post as Trade & Economic Affairs Officer – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function, the successful candidate will serve as support staff under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of the Trade Section with the following tasks:
- Trade analysis
- Draft and prepare reports on trade related issues such as market access, investment, public procurement, intellectual property, sanitary and phyto-sanitary issues, technical barriers to trade, etc.
- Collect and analyse information on trade related legislation in Colombia, including detailed evaluations of technical regulations.
- Follow other trade related matters in Colombia including WTO, OECD accession, negotiation processes with its trade partners and bilateral or regional trade relations such as the Andean Community and the Pacific Alliance.
- Economic studies
- Prepare macro-economic reports.
- Provide statistical analysis on trade in goods and services, as well as foreign investment.
- Trade Agreement (TA)
- Support the section in the implementation of the TA, including promotion and visibility activities.
- Monitor implementation of the TA.
- Assist in the preparation, organisation and reporting of committees and sub-committees under the TA.
- Other duties
- Sustain a strong network with relevant stakeholders in the public and private sectors, including EU member states embassies.
- Perform other related duties as required, including a variety of administrative tasks.
- May also be required to fulfil other tasks according to the needs of the Delegation.
In addition to the tasks above, assist in any other matters as requested by the Head of Delegation
The post concerns a full time position (37.5 hours per week) with indefinite contract duration in Bogotá, including possible field missions and occasional missions to Brussels, and involving mostly desk work in a multicultural environment.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties.
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law.
- Has a satisfactory knowledge of Spanish and English (level C1).
- University degree in economics, business, international relations, law and related disciplines or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in private or public in a field related to international trade.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Knowledge of any other EU language would be a strong asset.
- Good knowledge of the Colombian public and private institutional framework for international trade.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to email@example.com. The package should include a cover letter and a detailed CV.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is: 05/09/2022
 Please complete the standard CV using the template in the following link: https://europa.eu/europass/eportfolio/screen/cv-editor?lang=es&previous=https:%2F%2Feuropa.eu%2Feuropass%2Fes