The European Union Delegation to the Republic of Colombia is looking for: Driver
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the Republic of Colombia ensures the representation of the European Union to the Republic of Colombia and the follow-up of bilateral relations in the areas of political, economic, trade and external assistance cooperation. It also coordinates the work of the Member States’ Embassies. Our mission is to represent the values and interests of the European Union in Colombia, contributing to the prosperity, peace, development and stability of the country and its citizens. Our vision is a solid and plural European Union-Colombia relationship, built on mutual respect, shared values and a common commitment to multilateralism. Our values are solidarity, peace, commitment to democracy and human rights, including gender equality, and good governance. We work in close coordination with our Member States and value transparency, respect and integrity in all our relationships.
We offer a post of Driver . Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Driver – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to the Administration section under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section with the following tasks:
- Act as a driver for the Head of Delegation and other members of staff of the Delegation and their guests to official meetings and other places related to work, or in mission within Colombia, during the working day and after hours as necessary.
- Take responsibility for collecting and delivering mail to the post office or Ministries and other governmental and non-governmental agencies, and other official documents to and from their relevant destination in Bogotá.
- To keep track and record of vehicle daily activity in the provided vehicle log books.
- Ensure that the vehicle's mandatory legal documents (insurance, etc.) are in order and valid and kept in the vehicle.
- Ensure that the vehicle is clean and in good driving condition before using it (carry out routine checks such as tire pressure, lights, fluids etc.).
- Ensure that the vehicle is fuelled, cleaned and washed when needed.
- Inform the office manager when the vehicle needs mechanical revision or spare parts and keep track of the maintenance records in the vehicles’ files.
- Request quotes for maintenance work in advance for authorization, coordinate maintenance appointments with authorized repair garages and verify the proper performance of the authorized works.
- Assists in operational protocol matters when accompanying high-level visits.
- Assists the Administration section with other operational tasks as required.
The post concerns a full time position (37.5 hours per week with flexitime) with indefinite contract duration in Bogotá involving mostly driving work in a multicultural environment.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- High School diploma.
- Valid professional driver's license type B1 (reference in Colombia)
- Very good driving record (the person must not have a ticket or traffic infractions)
- Knowledge of the code and traffic regulations of the road in Colombia
- Has a satisfactory knowledge of Spanish (C1 level)
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in performing driver duties.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
The following will be considered an asset:
- Experience driving for diplomatic or international organisations
- Knowledge of automotive mechanics and first aid procedures
- Training in defensive driving
- Basic level of any other official EU language
- Punctuality, discretion and sense of confidentiality, respect of rules, sense of initiative, ability to plan a route/itinerary, ability to deal with stress situations.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to: email@example.com.
The package should include a cover letter and a detailed CV.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase, which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is 31St July 2022
 Please complete the standard CV using the template in the following link: https://europa.eu/europass/en/create-europass-cv