The European Union Delegation to the Republic of Colombia is looking for: Office Support Agent
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the Republic of Colombia ensures the representation of the European Union to the Republic of Colombia and the follow-up of bilateral relations in the areas of political, economic, trade and external assistance cooperation. It also coordinates the work of the Member States’ Embassies. Our mission is to represent the values and interests of the European Union in Colombia, contributing to the prosperity, peace, development and stability of the country and its citizens. Our vision is a solid and plural European Union-Colombia relationship, built on mutual respect, shared values and a common commitment to multilateralism. Our values are solidarity, peace, commitment to democracy and human rights, including gender equality, and good governance. We work in close coordination with our Member States and value transparency, respect and integrity in all our relationships.
We offer a post of Office Support Agent . Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Office Support Agent – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to the Administration section under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section with the following tasks:
- Draft the section’s overall correspondence (in Spanish and English).
- Draft minutes of meetings.
- Translate Spanish/English documents
- Keep updated the contact list of the section
- Receive the section’s external visitors
- Coordinate with the other sections for cross-cutting activities
- Deputy DMO
- Ensure the correct distribution, filing and scanning of documents arriving to and originating from the section.
- Draw up and/or update annually the inventory of the Delegation's movable property;
- Manage, check and monitor movements of furniture.
- Handle requests for the repair and / or replacement of inventoried items.
- Draw up proposals for Delegation's movable property to be taken out of service and / or confirm that it may be taken out of service.
- Control and check the technical quality of the work carried out and / or the goods supplied by contractors
- Assist with the implementation, management and / or monitoring of contracts to ensure the proper functioning of the Delegation (i.e. purchase of furniture and supplies, maintenance of service vehicles including fuel consumption; security installations in expat staff members’ accommodation; etc.).
- Support for Delegation events and VIP visits
- Petty cash management in the absence of the Accountant Assistant.
- Replacement of receptionist to ensure Business Continuity.
- Any other tasks in compliance with the instructions of the superiors.
The post concerns a full time position (37.5 hours per week with flexitime) with indefinite contract duration in Bogotá involving mostly desk work in a multicultural environment.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Has a satisfactory knowledge of Spanish (C2 level) and English (B2 level to understand, reading, speaking and writing);
- High School diploma.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in performing the above mentioned tasks.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Power point)
The following will be considered an asset:
- Graduated from a higher secretarial college or bachelor 'degree
- Experience in a Diplomatic Mission and/or International Organisation
- Basic level of any other official EU language
- Self-starter, motivated, ability to work alone and/or in a team, respecting deadlines, ability to deal with stress situations and to respond quickly to new demands.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to email@example.com.
The package should include a cover letter and a detailed CV.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is 31st July 2022
 Please complete the standard CV using the template in the following link: https://europa.eu/europass/en/create-europass-cv