Puesto vacante: Secretary – TRADE section
The European Union Delegation to Dominican Republic is looking for a:
Secretary – TRADE section
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
We offer a post of Secretary. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Secretary – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function, the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to provide administrative, logistical and secretarial assistance in general, as well as the document management service under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section.
- Write routine letters and notes.
- Verification of the language of the reports and notes.
- Register files and transactions in the database of the section and Delegation.
- Write "notes verbales" to the Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Follow up on correspondence and address lists.
- Organize and update the (electronic) agenda of the section
- Manage contacts with trade support institutions, ministries, international organizations and embassies
- Support in secretarial functions the other sections, including the Head of Delegation, during absences or leaves of the HoD Assistant.
- Support the logistics of missions of the personnel of the sections as well as external missions of the Headquarters, other Delegations or other European institutions, in collaboration with the Administration Section.
- Organize events (workshops, meetings, receptions, etc.), in collaboration with the Administration Section.
- Participate in the meetings of the Sectors, write minutes and ensure follow-up.
- Ensure the circulation of information in the section and to the different sections.
- Receive, transmit, copy, record, dispatch and file mail, according to the file system of the Delegation (ARES)
- Archiving of documents in physical form and in ARES.
- Coordinate at the Delegation level the use of ARES as well as the archive plan.
- All other tasks requested by the Head of Section.
- Very good organizational skills and service minded attitude.
- Very accurate and effective written and oral communication.
- Capacity to adapt and assure quality, speed and accuracy in performing complex tasks in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work in team.
- Ability to deal with stress situations.
- Discretion and confidentiality, ability to work quickly under pressure.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Secondary school diploma.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the field of secretarial matters relevant to perform the tasks referred to in the job description;
- Excellent knowledge of Spanish and English:
- SP: ability to understand C2, ability to read C2, ability to speak C2, ability to write C2.
- EN: ability to understand C1, ability to read C1, ability to speak B2, ability to write B2
- Excellent knowledge of secretarial and computer tools (e.g. Windows applications: word processor, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, outlook, etc.), including applications for organizing virtual meetings (WebEx, teams, etc.).
The following will be considered an asset:
- A Bachelor's or Master Degree education in the area of Administration will be considered as an asset, or alternatively, post-secondary studies supported by a diploma from a recognized Secretarial Institute or equivalent.
- Accredited knowledge of economic or commercial issues will be considered as an advantage.
- Professional experience with an Embassy or with an International Organization will be very advantageous, as well as possible secretarial experience in economic or commercial departments in the public or private sector
- Experience in managing virtual and physical files
- Knowledge of a third language. (preferably French)
Working hours: 37,5 hours/week – Monday to Friday
Place of employment: EU Delegation, Av Nicolás Pensón 85A, Sector Gazcue, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Category: Local agent (Group 3 in the EU system) – Secretary
Basic salary: 67,043 DOP to 116,786 DOP per month (bruto) depending of the years of experience and promotions.
- Provident fund in euros: Contributions : 5% Employer – 5% Employee
- Complementary medical insurance : Contributions: 3.22 % Employer – 1.37% Employee
- Month 13.
- Minimum 20 paid leaves days.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to email@example.com with the reference: Vacancy LA III – Secretary – TRADE section
The package should include a cover letter and a detailed CV.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to firstname.lastname@example.org
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications: Friday March 25th 2022
Begin of the contract: July 1st 2022.