Archivist to the Head of Cooperation
Delegation of the European Union to Egypt
Job description - Archivist to the Head of Cooperation,
Local Agent - group III - Indefinite term contract
Post Nr: 47268
Title of the post
Under the supervision of the Head of Cooperation, ensure a proper functioning of the Operations mail administration and archiving activities.
- Control the flow of all incoming & outgoing documents related to the entire Projects while archiving the documents to allow easy access.
- Manage and update archival information.
- Support the archivist in the organization and maintenance of the archives of the Operations and Finance & Contracts Section in accordance with Commission practices.
- Maintain a numbering system database
- Responsible for the Document Numbering (Configuration Control) function, which is used to generate new “Document numbers” and “Revision status” for documents such as Manuals, Procedures, Reports, etc.
- Provide access to the documents and records taking in to account of the relevant provisions concerning security and data protection.
- Responsible for General Mail Box of the Delegation/Operation sections.
- Responsible for attribution all emails and distributed accordingly.
- Responsible for keeping a carbon copy from all electronic mails.
- Responsible for processing incoming and outgoing documentation, letters, and faxes procedures for retrieval, and centralized retention of documents received or generated by the Project Program.
- Responsible for delivering incoming invoices and other documents related to the payment cycle directly to FCAS secretariat twice a day.
- Providing documentation control services within Delegation of European Union.
- Provide access to documents (both paper and electronic) relating to the activities of Delegation services under supervision of the Archivist / Records Manager.
- Describe documents and files (both paper and electronic) on computerized systems and their appraisal under supervision of the Archivist / Records Manager.
- Carry out actions related to the physical protection, the conservation and the transfer of documents, records and files (both paper and electronic) under supervision of the Archivist / Records Manager.
- All electronic mails to recipients concerning work related should forward or print to
- The processes e-mails are logged and uploaded.
- Under the responsibility of the Head of Delegation and supervision of the HoD/DHoD secretariat to distribute the incoming Diplomatic Pouch related to personnel and projects.
- Responsible for the processed document “Original or Record Copy” is logged and uploaded.
- Responsible for that the “Original or Record Copy” goes to C& F Section and Record Copy be held at CMA & filed in “Chronological order” in the “Document Storage”.
- All electronic mails to recipients concerning work related should forward or print to CMA.
- The processes e-mails are logged and uploaded.
- Any other tasks required by Head of Delegation or Head of Cooperation.
- Responsible for stamp to acknowledge receipt of the Incoming Contract/Amendment.
- The process Contract/Amendment/ Invoices is logged and uploaded.
- Responsible for stamp acknowledge receipt of the Incoming Invoices.
- Responsible for stamp acknowledge receipt of the Incoming Monthly Reports and that
the Monthly Reports are logged and uploaded.
- Responsible for stamp acknowledge receipt and distribute Incoming Invitations.
- Oversees the distribution of documents between sections and floors.
• University level education will be considered as an asset.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of office software and IT tools.
- Excellent level of written and spoken in English and Arabic.
- Performing high professional standards with regard to reliability, confidentiality, personal integrity, loyalty, and flexibility.
- Having capacity to focus on priorities and to organise work to deliver on time
- Having capacity to communicate clearly and concisely (orally and in writing)
- Experience in working for the an Embassy or International Organisations in the field of administration/archiving is considered an asset;
- Knowledge/Reading/Writing in French would be considered an asset.
- Having good analysis capacity and judgement skills.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in the archiving and administrative field.
Applicants must fill out the EU-CV2 format cv_format_2.doc and send it with a Motivation letter indicating the relevant professional experience to the recruitment email: DELEGATION-EGYPT-HR@eeas.europa.eu until 20 March 2022 (Please write the post number in the subject)
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability.
Personal data are processed in the context of recruitment in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data. By submitting the application, I agree to the above Terms and Conditions.