The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The Delegation of the EU for the Pacific promotes the local projection of an image of the European Union that correctly reflects facts, policies, statements and decisions taken by the EU and oversees the implementation of EU development projects and programmes in the Pacific region.
We offer a post of Secretary. The recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Secretary. This job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to the Administration section under the supervision of the Head of Administration.
Summary of main tasks:
To provide general administrative and secretarial support to the Head of Administration and the section; in areas including procurement, logistics, document management and organising events.
The EU Delegation's size is +/- 60 staff (gender balanced team). The place of employment is Suva. The length of the working week shall not exceed the limits of 40 hours per week. Exceptions may be allowed as required by the service, in accordance with the relevant Fiji legislations. The post is a Local Agent Group 3. It is a permanent contract, after the successful completion of a 3 month probationary period, with a minimum starting basic salary of FJD 2,068 per month (paid 13 times per annum).
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Has a diploma or tertiary qualification in office administration or secretarial studies;
- Three years of professional experience pertinent to the duties carried out;
- Has an excellent command of English;
- A clean police record and should be able to produce a clearance report when requested;
- Have a strong sense of responsibility and initiative, be accurate while respecting deadlines;
- Be motivated to work independently and/or as a team member in a multicultural environment;
The following will be considered an asset:
- Some knowledge of another European language, in particular French, would be an advantage.
- Must be able to work independently and under pressure.
- Must be proactive, efficient, detail-oriented and demonstrates good time management.
Please send your application and supporting documents to: Delegation-Fiji-Vacancies@eeas.europa.eu .
The subject of the e-mail must indicate:
"Application post Secretary (Administration) + NAME OF APPLICANT".
E-mail with a different subject will not be considered.
Applications sent by other means will not be considered either.
The email must include:
- a motivation letter and
- a completed CV (EU standard CV recommended, available at: https://europa.eu/europass/eportfolio/screen/cv-editor?lang=en),
- together with your academic qualification certificates and
- references of past experience (letters of recommendation, employment certificates, copies of contracts, etc.).
Applications will be screened based on eligibility and selection criteria in accordance with the requirements above.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone.
Please address any queries concerning this procedure to: Delegation-Fiji-Vacancies@eeas.europa.eu
The deadline for applications is: Wednesday 20 July 2022 at 5pm.