The Delegation of the European Union to Georgia is looking for a Temporary Officer on “Labour, Migrations and Integrated Border Management as well as Gender Equality”
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The Delegation of the European Union (EU) to Georgia has been operating in Tbilisi, Georgia since 1995. The Delegation presents, explains and implements the EU policy and assistance; analyses and reports on the policies and developments in Georgia and conducts negotiations in accordance with a given mandate.
The Delegation’s main tasks can be described under three headings: (1) Political relations, (2) Economic and trade relations, and (3) Co-operation and external assistance. In carrying out its tasks, the Delegation aims at maintaining and developing good and effective contacts with its partners in the government and civil society as well as with EU Member States and international organisations. The Delegation observes and reports regularly to Headquarters on political, social and economic developments in Georgia. It also seeks to ensure coherence between the EU's trade policies, humanitarian assistance, support for democracy, human rights and the media, institution and capacity building and other external policy activities in Georgia. As the EU is the biggest donor in Georgia (also Georgia’s main trading partner), one of the Delegation’s tasks is programming and implementation of EU development assistance for Georgia.
A temporary post in the Cooperation Section (10 months contract starting in August 2022)
To support the Delegation in matters directly related to labour, migration and Integrated Border Management, as well as to gender equality (including acting as focal point), under the supervision of the Team Leader, the Head of Cooperation and the Deputy, as well as under the overall direction of the Head of Delegation.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Contribution to policy development
- Programme/process/project management
- Policy dialogue
- Policy analysis
University level education of at least 4 years in economics, law, political science, sociology or other relevant social sciences, attested by a diploma. Post-graduate / post-university degree in a relevant sector, attested by a diploma acquired in a European country, would be a strong asset.
At least 5 years of working experience in an international environment, managing donor funded programmes and/or projects in the areas of competence.
Prior experience in the public sector or in an international organisation.
- Proven knowledge and relevant project management experience in the areas of labour, migration and Integrated Border Management, and/or gender issues. Preference will be given to candidates who have knowledge and experience in all these fields.
- Knowledge of EU policies in these areas of competence, as well as the latest developments, including in Georgia.
- Knowledge of EU financial and contracting rules and procedures would be an asset.
- Knowledgeable of the gender agenda, issues and latest developments, as well as the means and tools to promote it.
- Ability to build positive and co-operative working relationships with colleagues and management and work effectively in a team
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure and respond quickly to changes
- Ability to analyse and solve problems
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, particularly on specialised information
- Clear drafting skills
- Ability to work in a team and be open to cultural diversity
- Ability to listen, to consult and to share information and ideas
- Capacity to focus on priorities and to organise work to deliver on time
- Accuracy and an eye for detail
Fluent Georgian and English.
How to Apply
Please note that applications have to include a motivation letter in English as well as an updated CV (preferably using the Europass format http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu) also in English, otherwise they will not be considered.
The subject line of your application should indicate the post title: "Temporary Officer COOP Section"
Please send your application to the following e-mail address:
The deadline for applications is 10 June 2022 at 17:30.
Kindly note that the Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone. Please address any queries concerning this vacancy to the above e-mail address only.
If you have not been contacted by the Delegation by 4 July 2022 then you should consider that your application has, unfortunately, not been pre-selected.