Experienced Office Assistant (temporary)
Experienced Office Assistant
The EU Delegation to Iceland is seeking to recruit an experienced office assistant for the period March – August 2021 (temporary replacement).
- The successful candidate must be fluent in both spoken and written Icelandic and English.
- He/she should have proven experience (preferably 2 years or more) in administration; diplomatic or public service; as personal/executive assistant, or similar; and
- a good understanding of the European Union.
Due to the temporary nature of the position, we are looking for a colleague who learns fast, is flexible and can quickly adapt to a new, multi-cultural environment. He/she needs to maintain the high level of professionalism expected in a diplomatic mission.
Tasks will include - but not be limited to – the following:
- Support to the Delegation’s Political, Press and Information Section: including the organisation of events; assistance with social and other media
- Liaising with Icelandic authorities/interlocutors; mail management; transmission of documents
- Occasional support to the Ambassador/Head of Delegation (organisation of meetings and appointments, correspondence, preparation of files and briefings, following up to phone calls).
- Other administrative tasks, as required.
Interested candidates are invited to send a CV and a short letter of motivation in English to DELEGATION-ICELAND-HOA@eeas.europa.eu
Shortlisted candidates only will be invited for an interview.
Offices are located in Tryggvagata 27, 101 Reykjavík - 4th floor.