Funded traineeship 2023 for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Indonesia & Brunei Darussalam and EU Delegation to ASEAN
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation to Indonesia & Brunei Darussalam and EU Delegation to ASEAN represent EU interests and values in Indonesia, Brunei and ASEAN?
Traineeships of 3 up to 6 months within the following sections of the EU Delegation to Indonesia and Brunei Darussalam and EU Delegation to ASEAN, starting in April 2023, subject to budget availability:
- The Political, Press and Information Section (PPI) is responsible for domestic and foreign policy political issues, including human rights, as well as for coordinating the Delegation to Indonesia and Delegation to ASEAN's press and media activities
- The Economic and Trade Section (TRADE) is in charge of trade, investment and economic issues, notably in the context of the ongoing negotiations of the EU-Indonesia comprehensive Economic Partnership (CEPA))
- The Cooperation Section (COOP) manages a comprehensive portfolio of development cooperation programmes with Indonesian and ASEAN
- The EU Delegation to ASEAN leads and coordinates all activities and engagement with ASEAN, with the input of all sections of the Delegation
- A dedicated Counsellor on Environment and Climate (ENV /CLI) feeds on substance and coordinates the engagement on key issues such as climate change, renewable energy, circular economy and biodiversity
Main tasks for all Section:
- Support to monitoring, analysing and reporting on the political and economic situation in Indonesia, both on domestic and foreign and security developments; conducting research and drafting briefings;
- Attend and report on external conferences and seminars as well as internal meetings of the Delegation to Indonesia and Delegation to ASEAN;
- Support to press, information and public diplomacy activities and projects
In addition, each intern will carry out a specific research project on a theme relevant to the EU relations with Indonesia and ASEAN, to be delivered by the end of the traineeship.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, applicants currently residing in Indonesia will only be considered
- Written and oral fluency in English. Knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia is a strong asset
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address
and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail:
Funded Traineeship - Your name - Acronym of the Section Selected
(you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship).
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates who are already residing in the country of assignment must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeship can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the current sanitary situation and its effects on traineeship possibilities.
The EU Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country.