Vacancy for an Administrative Assistant at EIB Regional Representation in Jakarta
European Investment Bank
Regional Representation for Southeast Asia and Pacific
based in Jakarta
is looking to fill the position of
The European Investment Bank (EIB) is the European Union’s financial institution. It works in support of European Union (EU) development and economic cooperation policies by financing investment in both public and private sectors.
The employee will be hired by the EU, represented by the Head of the EU Delegation to Indonesia and Brunei Darussalam on behalf of the EIB to work as Administrative Assistant at the EIB Regional Representation in Jakarta, on the basis of a local law employment contract of a fixed-term duration of three years, with possible renewal.
The Administrative Assistant will provide executive support to the Head of the EIB Regional Representation and will perform the general tasks related to office management, ensuring the efficient organisation of the Representation, the timely completion of tasks and the achievement of objectives, and contributing to the organisational and administrative efficiency and performance of the office.
The Administrative Assistant will formally report to the Head of Office and will perform a wide range of administrative and coordination duties for the Office, in particular in the following areas:
- Provide office support and secretarial/ administrative assistance in order to contribute to the effective day-to-day running of the office. The support provided may include tasks related to residential and other local administration topics;
- Act as an interface with the relevant counterparts for diplomatic and protocol procedures;
- Execute administrative tasks, notably financial administration of the offices: handling and follow-up of book-keeping, logistics and monthly reporting to the Head of Office, maintaining and managing the petty cash ledger, supervising local bank accounts as well as payments to suppliers, liaising with relevant staff at Head Office and ensuring timely input, validation and reporting to the Head of Office;
- Handle autonomously the office’s relationship with all facility vendors/ brokers to ensure the provision and maintenance of office facilities, services supplies and IT equipment, in close collaboration with internal counterparts;
- Management and interface with the various departments concerned at Headquarters for telephone equipment, desktop computers, video conferencing system, IT access rights;
- Interface with various suppliers and administrative management of contracts;
- Handling contracts and maintenance of expatriates residences;
- Handling arrival and departure of expatriates in coordination with secretariats in Luxembourg;
- Keep track in a cost efficient manner of the office supply inventory and ensure all necessary office insurances are kept up-to-date;
- Assist in keeping the office manual up to date;
- Assist in the organizing of EIB related events in the country;
- Keeping incident logbook up to date. Preparation of inventories annually;
- Management of incoming telephone calls and correspondence, drafting of letters where needed;
- Management of incoming diplomatic pouch;
- Organise and follow up diaries and organisation of internal and external meetings of the Head of Office;
- Be central point of contact for the administration and requests from EU Delegation, EU Member States, local authorities;
- Responsible for the travel arrangements, travel authorisations and expense reports of Head of Office;
- Provide general administrative assistance to EIB personnel on business trips in the region, in coordination with secretariats in Luxembourg;
- Secretarial tasks (document archiving, proper book records and filing, etc.).
- Secondary School education; a 2 year certification in a relevant field (secretarial studies, business administration) or equally qualified experience in a relevant field would be an advantage;
- At least 3 years relevant professional experience (secretarial, business administration etc.), experience in a financial/banking operational environment is an advantage;
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles (i.e. required for maintaining the petty cash ledger and monthly office cost reporting);
- Well-developed, demonstrated task management skills, particularly in capacity for organizing meetings and agendas, handling confidential matters;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English, Bahasa Indonesia.
The position of the employment will be in Group III with gross salary of minimum of IDR 15,315,849 up to maximum of IDR 34,824,981 (based on working experience). We offer a competitive position in an international environment.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to
The package should include a cover letter and CV. Application submitted without responding to the above-required criteria will not be consider and only short-listed candidates will be notify.
The EU Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone. Please address any queries concerning this procedure to:
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered the most suitable for the post based on a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The candidates will be invited to an assessment phase, which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
Candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the EU Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is: Friday, 13 January 2023 at 13:00 PM Jakarta time