Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Israel
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Israel, starting on 1 July 2022.
The Political, Press and Information Section is in charge of overlooking and managing the EU’s diplomatic relations with the State of Israel, under the authority of the Head of Delegation. It is responsible for the political reporting and monitoring of the domestic Israeli situation as well as of its role as an occupying power in the oPt, and of the regional dynamics seen from Israel. The section also covers coordination of the implementation of the EU’s Human Rights and Democracy Country Strategy in close coordination with EU Member States locally, and leads/chairs a number of EU local coordination meetings (political, consular, Human Rights). In parallel, it is in charge of the overall public communication/PR of the Delegation – in close coordination with the Operations section – and relationship with the media, as well as of monitoring the media environment.
Under the responsibility of the Head of Political and Press section:
- Monitor local media and political developments, in particular those affecting EU-IL relations
- Follow and contribute to reporting on Israeli policy and action with regard to domestic human rights issues and Israeli responsibilities in the occupied Palestinian territory
- Contribute as relevant to the preparation and follow-up to the ENP subcommittees.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of Hebrew or Arabic would be an asset
- Previous experience in a diplomatic mission would be an asset
- Previous experience on/in the region would be an asset
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address email@example.com and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Political Section