The European Union Delegation to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan / sub-office Yemen is looking for: A secretary in the Cooperation Section
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organizations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as European Union (EU) Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan works in close coordination with the Embassies and Consulates of the 27 EU Member States. We are a fully-fledged diplomatic mission and represent the European Union in dealings with the Jordanian government in areas that are part of the EU’s remit. The sub-office Yemen represents the European Union in dealings with the Government of Yemen.
The post of Secretary (Local Agent Group III) in the Delegation’s Cooperation Section. The team consists of 12 people and there are occasional atypical working hours.
Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation, and on the changes of these needs. The successful candidate will serve under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of the Cooperation Section, providing support, expertise and assistance to the Development Cooperation section.
Following main tasks and duties are currently required:
- Overall organizational and administrative assistance in the Cooperation section;
- Drafting of correspondence and meeting minutes;
- Formatting, editing, and synthesizing of reports and documents;
- Maintenance of section files; classification, filing, and registering of correspondence and documents
- Logistical support to the organization of meetings/events/missions;
- Relations with external stakeholders regarding events and public affairs;
- Making travel arrangements for members of the section’s official travels to Yemen and elsewhere
- Ad hoc tasks relating to the activities of the Section and the Delegation.
The base salary will depend on relevant and verified employment experience, typically starting from 1323 JOD/month. There is a competitive benefits package, subject to certain conditions, including personal leave days and public holidays, health insurances and a retirement savings plan.
The successful candidate will be working for the sub-office Yemen of the EU Delegation Jordan, located in Amman.
The working hours are 37.5 per week (from Sunday to Thursday).
The contract - “local agent” post of a Secretary Group III- will be concluded for an initial fixed-term period of 2 years.
The expected start date will be as soon as possible.
Minimum requirements / eligibility criteria (necessary for the application to be considered)
- Minimum of secondary education and a degree or diploma in a subject relevant to secretarial work;
- Minimum professional experience of 3 years, including 2 years in tasks directly related to the post job description;
- Working knowledge (B2) of English and Arabic (written and spoken)
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, scheduling and communication.
- Right to residence and work in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- Medical fitness to carry out the tasks assigned
Assets / selection criteria (basis for awarding points to select the best applicant)
- Level of skills of time management, and interpersonal skills; capacity of organizing and coordinating meetings and agendas
- Working knowledge of French (read and spoken);
- Previous experience working in an Embassy or international organisation and as secretary
- Additional assets would include knowledge/experience of EU policies of development cooperation, and/or of Yemen.
How to apply
Please submit your application, consisting of a cover letter, Europass format CV (the template can be found at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae) and a declaration on honour regarding the good standing/work rights/medical fitness via email to DELEGATION-YEMEN-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu.
The email subject field should clearly indicate as Reference/subject: Secretary - post n° 273648 and be received no later than 28/03/2023, 04.00pm (Amman local time).
Only complete applications received on time via the FMB DELEGATION-YEMEN-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu will be considered.
The successful candidate will be subject to a medical and reference/background checks.
After the deadline for applications, the eligible applications will be admitted to the Selection by the Committee set up for this purpose.
Depending on the number of applications received, successive phases of Selection may include shortlisting of candidates based assessment of the information provided in the cover letter, CV; practical testing and interviews. The two or 3 best candidates will be invited to the final phase.
Only candidates admitted to each successive selection phase will be contacted individually. The Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this job advertisement to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure. During the selection process, please do not contact the members of the Selection Committee, but address your questions and comments to the Delegation’s Administration.