Post 375113 – Programme Officer in the Cooperation section
The European Union Delegation to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Amman is looking for:
Post 375113 – Programme Officer in the Cooperation section
The European Union Delegation to The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan is seeking to recruit a Project Officer to work primarily in the field of support of support to civil society and on gender policy issues in the framework of the EU –Jordan Association Agreement.
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership among 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organizations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Amman works in close coordination with the Embassies and Consulates of the 27 EU Member States. We are a fully-fledged diplomatic mission and represent the European Union in dealings with the Jordanian government in areas that are part of the EU’s remit.
The post of Programme Officer (Local Agent Group I) is placed in the Delegation’s Cooperation Section. The team consists of 28 people and there are occasional atypical working hours.
Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation, and on the changes of these needs. The successful candidate will serve under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Cooperation Section, under daily management of the Team leader in charge of Economic, Infrastructure and Trade, providing support, expertise and assistance in Public Administration Reform.
Following main tasks and duties are currently required:
- POLICY DEVELOPMENT - Policy Development
- Develop and maintain a consistent view on priorities in the fields of institutions building and public administration reform.
- Contribute to the implementation of bilateral agreements and sectoral agreements and the European Neighbourhood Policy.
- Contribute to sectoral policy dialogue with the concerned national authorities and donors.
- Contribute to the implementation of the EU-Jordan Partnership Priorities.
- INTERNAL COMMUNICATION (general) - Reporting
- Report on the relevant parts of the implementation of the European Neighbourhood Policy action plan.
- Report on the relevant parts of the implementation of the EU-Jordan Partnership Priorities.
- Report on relevant policy developments in relation to Public Administration Reform.
- HORIZONTAL COORDINATION - Horizontal Coordination
- Coordination within the Delegation and with the PAO of the Support to Action Plan (SAPP/SIPP) programmes.
- Twinning coordinator, operational resource person and the Delegation twinning contact point.
- Harmonisation of operational information flows and communication about planning and implementation of SAPP/SIPP.
- Maintaining overview and approval function of SIGMA and TAIEX support to Jordan.
- Ensure horizontal coordination of key annual processes for the section.
- POLICY ANALYSIS - Financial Co-operation, Sector analysis, strategy formulation and programming
- Support policy dialogue with all relevant ministries, agencies, donors and other relevant stakeholders in all areas of concern.
- Contribute to sector analysis and to the definition of strategies for the European Union, e.g: Single Support Framework
- PROGRAM / PROCESS / PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Delegation’s project cycle management
- To contribute to programming, identification and appraisal in close cooperation with the beneficiary institution(s) in Jordan, when PAR programmes are decided in the programming process.
- To contribute to all aspects of the procurement process (drafting TORs, launching tenders, calls for proposals, evaluations, selections or projects etc.).
- To monitor ongoing projects, to attend management and monitoring meetings, to elaborate progress reports on projects and propose action when needed.
- Ensure the follow-up of the implementation of projects and the performance of project partners, monitor contractual obligations (via periodic reviews, audits, reporting etc.) and handle external expertise.
- To contribute to the evaluation of projects.
- To give the "operational visa" on any document where required.
- EXTERNAL RELATIONS - External relations
- Maintain good and effective contacts with the local operators in the field, with the national authorities and institutions, with representatives of the diplomatic missions of the Member States, with representatives of the principal international donors, with NGOs and other local non-official actors.
- Prepare and assist in missions from Headquarters.
- Contribute to preparing sub-committee and other meetings under the European Neighbourhood Policy
- EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION (general) - Communication relating to programme and projects
- Ensure that the results of projects are disseminated and outcomes presented at workshops, seminars, conferences or other public events.
- Extract and disseminate best practices and facilitate exchange of experiences.
- Contribute to the production of publications and ensure that the EU visibility guidelines are implemented under programmes.
- Provide inputs to EU communication activities under the sectors of responsibility.
The base salary will depend on relevant and verified employment experience, typically starting from 2,775 JOD. There is a competitive benefits package, subject to certain conditions, including personal leave days and public holidays, health insurances and a retirement savings plan.
The expected start date should be 01st of March 2023 (at the latest).
Minimum requirements / eligibility criteria (necessary for the application to be considered)
- Minimum of one university degree [preferably] in one of the following fields: Development Studies, Economics, Business Administration, Law, Political and/or Social Science, Public Administration
- Minimum of five years of experience in Jordan, with at least two, and preferably more, should be directly pertinent to the type of duties to be carried out, including previous experience in working with public administration. Experience in project management, preferably in an international context, preferably in an international context.
- Good knowledge (C1) in English
- Right to residence and work in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- Good standing as citizen/resident
Assets / selection criteria (basis for awarding points to select the best applicant)
- Demonstrated skills in time management, and interpersonal skills; capacity of organizing and coordinating meetings and agendas
- Excellent level of computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Zoom, etc.);
- Working knowledge (B2) in French;
- Team work fluency, high flexibility, and capacity to work under pressure;
- Work history (or network of connections or similar) in the area of relations with external stakeholders, events and public relations.
- Knowledge/experience of EU policies, of international relations, of inner workings of the host country politics/media/economy
How to apply
Please submit your application, consisting of a cover letter, Europass format CV (https://europa.eu/europass/en/create-europass-cv) and a declaration on honour (form is attached) via the following email address: Delegation-Jordan-Vacancy@eeas.europa.eu (Reference Post 375113 – Application – Project Officer) no later than 01 February 2023 (04:00pm local time).
Only complete applications received on time via the email address mentioned above will be considered.
The successful candidate will be subject to a medical check and background check.
After the deadline for applications, the eligible applications will be admitted to the Selection by the Committee set up for this purpose.
Depending on the number of applications received, successive phases of Selection may include shortlisting of candidates based assessment of the information provided in the cover letter, CV; practical testing and interviews. At least three best candidates will be invited to the final interview and written test.
Only candidates admitted to each successive selection phase will be contacted individually. The Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this job advertisement to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure. During the selection process, please do not contact the members of the Selection Committee, but address your questions and comments to the Delegation’s Administration (same email address).