The European Union Delegation to the Kyrgyz Republic is looking for a Press and Information Officer
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Kyrgyzstan
- Ensures the representation of the European Union in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Ensures the follow-up of bilateral relations in the areas of political, economic, trade and external assistance cooperation (financial and technical), in particular to implement the Partnership and Cooperation Agreement;
- Ensures the follow-up of EU policies in all sectors, in particular The European Union and The Central Asia: Strategy for a New Partnership;
- Promotes and defends the values and interests of the EU;
- Promotes EU cooperation at a national and regional level (Central Asia) i.e. the management of deconcentrated national and regional programs;
- Contributes to coordination with Member State embassies, particularly in the fields of EU competence, notably trade and external assistance;
- Maintains and increases the visibility, awareness and understanding of the EU.
We offer a post of Press and Information Officer . Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Press and Information Officer – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to Political, Press and Information section under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- An indefinite duration contract of Group I level with a gross monthly salary starting from 1474 EUR, depending on your previous working experience;
- At the end of each year a 13th month salary;
- Working hours from Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours a week;
- Annual Leave allocation of 24 working days per year;
- Medical check-up;
- Complementary Sickness Insurance Scheme;
- Provident Fund (pension scheme).
Please note that a provision of about 28% from the gross salary is transferred directly to the Social Fund and Tax authorities (income tax).
The tasks of the Press and Information Officer are:
- Management and organisation of the dissemination via all mass communication channels (press releases, interviews, briefings, press conference, press articles, press trip, TV, radio), public events (seminars, exhibitions, fairs, etc.), campaigns of information about the European Union;
- Management of all information activities of the Delegation (including public events, publications);
- Managing the information flow via the communication channels of the EU Delegation (official website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram);
- Drafting and editing of press releases, brochures and other written material. Assisting in the production of audio-visual material. Organising the translation of such material;
- Manage the annual information budget, including overseeing financial management of information projects;
- Preparing documentation and organising public tenders in the area of press and information;
- Assist the Head of Section in defining the press and information strategy of the Delegation and in programming and organising the information, communication and publications annual plans and activities;
- Participating / intervening in public events/seminars on the EU and other relevant events and ensuring necessary feedback and follow-up;
- Responsible for daily press review, flash notes and ad hoc reports;
- Assessing the impact of EU's initiatives as far as the visibility is concerned and suggesting appropriate measures for improvement.
Other tasks that are in the interest of the service that are attributed by the Head of the Delegation or the Head of the Political, Press and Information section and their substitutes can also be required.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- University degree;
- 3 years of relevant experience in performing the above mentioned tasks;
- Excellent English (ability to understand C2 or equivalent, ability to read C2 or equivalent, ability to speak C2 or equivalent, ability to write C2 or equivalent);
- Very good Russian (ability to understand C1 or equivalent, ability to read C1 or equivalent, ability to speak C1 or equivalent, ability to write C1 or equivalent);
- Good Kyrgyz (ability to understand B2 or equivalent, ability to read B2 or equivalent, ability to speak B2 or equivalent, ability to write B2 or equivalent);
- Fully computer literate and mastering Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point software.
The following will be considered an asset:
- University degree in Journalism/Communications, Political Science, International Relations or related area
- Work experience for an international organisation, an embassy or an NGO, as a journalist, or in communications/public information
- Good knowledge of the Kyrgyz political systems and institutions, of political figures and parties, legislative and social issues, human rights, and regional relations;
- Good knowledge of the EU and its external policies;
- Excellent communications skills with external and internal contacts;
- Any other EU language of a minimum level B1;
- Any additional documented software skills, including website management skills.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to delegation-kyrgyzstan-HR@eeas.europa.eu
Please quote the job reference 44784 in your application. Subject of your email must contain "Job reference 44784 + First name + Last name + position applied for".
The deadline for application (email only): 7th of February 2022, 10:00 am Bishkek time
The package should include:
- A cover letter in English;
- A detailed CV using the EUROPASS format in English. Template of the CV can be downloaded here: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae/templates-instructions
- Copy of diploma;
- Language(s) level certificate(s), if available;
- Recommendation letter(s)
- Any document that you deem relevant.
The evaluation of shortlisted candidates will be based on:
- Examination of the applications;
- Interviews and written tests for short-listed candidates.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to email@example.com
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview and written test – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for application (email only): 7th of February 2022, 10:00 am Bishkek time. Subject of your email must contain "Job reference 44784 + First name + Last name + position applied for".