CANCELLED: The European Union Delegation to Libya is looking for an Admin Assistant
The European Union (EU) is a union of 27 countries. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy. The EU Delegation to Libya - temporarily relocated to Tunisia in view of the current situation in Libya - represents the European Union (EU) in Libya. It works closely with all concerned stakeholders in Libya, in the EU and in the International community. The EU Delegation raises awareness on European concerns and policies, supports efforts towards Libya's stability and democratic transition and promotes a stronger partnership between the EU and Libya. It also manages the funding of stabilization and cooperation actions as well as humanitarian assistance for vulnerable groups in Libya. The EU plays an important role in diplomacy and works to foster stability, security and prosperity, democracy, fundamental freedoms and the rule of law at international level
We offer a carrier within an international environment in a post of administrative assistant. The EU Delegation's size is over 40 people (a gender balanced team). The place of employment is Tripoli.
Under this post the successful candidate will cover the post of Admin assistant, which can be changed based on the needs of the Delegation. He/she will integrate the Admin section, will report to the Head of Administration and will provide assistance in the management of Delegation's administrative expenditures.
The Delegation adopts a gender balance policy. The post proposed is a post of local agent group II.
The jobholder will in particular be responsible for:
- Contribute to the administrative process of call of tenders and/or proposal process (terms of reference, evaluation…)
- Provide feedback and reporting regarding accounting and financial matters to the Head of Administration.
- Other ad hoc tasks related for administrative assistance
- Assist the Head of Delegation with interpretation at official meetings
- Translation of documents
- Contact with suppliers and service providers on procurement
- Trouble shooting IT matters in the ongoing absence of an IT officer
- Any other duties as and when required by the HoA and the HoD
- Budget monitoring.
- Management of the Delegation's inventory in ABAC-ASSETS.
- Contribution to financial reporting.
Type of contract :
The candidate will be recruited under Group II post with a basic monthly salary of 2.000 Euro. Salaries’ increases are foreseen based on the current salary review. In addition, benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Definite contract of one year (with possible renewals)
- Trial period : 3 months
- Place of work : European Union Delegation to Libya, Tripoli
- Weekly working hours : 40H.
Selection criteria :
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Fluent in Arabic and English (Minimum B2 level);
- Post-secondary education (diploma in accountancy, finance or business management);
- A perfect knowledge of the IT tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- At least 3 years working experience in accountancy/business management/administration
The following will be considered assets:
- Accountancy and administrative support skills demonstrated in previous experiences;
- Knowledge of French is an advantage ;
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills;
- IT skills ;
- 3 years’ experience in finance preferably in an International Organization.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, national counterparts, donor agencies, other stakeholders and ability to adapt well in a multi-cultural environment;
- Personal initiative and ability to focus on priorities and meet deadlines.