The European Union Delegation to Libya is looking for: Driver
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Libya represents the European Union (EU). It works closely with all of the EU member countries who have diplomatic representation in Libya.
By engaging with political actors, the media, academics, business circles, civil society and citizens, the Delegation raises awareness of EU issues and concerns, and promote a stronger partnership between the EU and Libya.
The 4 main tasks:
- represent EU interests;
- promote cooperation with Libya;
- support Libya's stability and its democratic transition;
- ensure EU cooperation benefits those most in need.
We offer a post of Driver . Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Driver – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. The jobholder will in particular be responsible for:
- Transport staff to meetings, receptions, airport, etc. within Tripoli
- Transport visitors when requested
- To transport staff on missions outside Tripoli
- Transport goods as required
- Maintain the Delegation’s vehicles in perfect condition
- Make sure that the vehicles service book is kept updated
- Ensure that vehicle inspection before and after driving is performed
- Perform traffic control and customs procedures
- Assist with the internal distribution of mail whenever required
- Assist with the photocopying of documents whenever required
- Co-ordinate with the Secretariats for further information on the jobs assigned
- Co-ordinate with other drivers in order to ensure punctuality in the service
- Any other tasks as directed by Head of Administration.
The EU delegation's size is +/- 40 people (gender balanced team). The place of employment is Libya. The post is within Group 5 and the starting basic monthly salary is 1.100 EURO, for a total of 40 hours per week.
The initial contract will have the duration of one year, renewable.
We offer a competitive progressive career in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
1. Medically fit to perform the required duties;
2. Enjoy civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
3. Fluency in English (spoken and written) and native Arabic: other EU language is an advantage
4. Post-secondary education;
5. At least 10 years working experience in press/media actions.
The following will be considered an asset:
1. Secondary School diploma;
2. Experience in an International Organisation or Diplomatic Mission;
3. Knowledge of Arabic and English;
4. Excellent oral presentation skills;
6. Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, national counterparts; donor agencies, other stakeholders and ability to adapt well in a multi-cultural environment;
8. A high degree of integrity and the ability to deal with confidential information is required.
Please send your application and supporting documents to mentioning the object
Driver – FG V at:
The package should include a cover letter and a detailed CV (see the following link: https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/editors/en/cv/compose).
The deadline for submitting the application is MONDAY 19Th of September 2022, 3h00 p.m. Local Time.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to DELEGATION-LIBYA-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which will include an interview and possible written test - during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed.