CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST - CONSULTANCY SERVICES
The Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Malawi is looking for suitable candidates to occupy the position of Coordinator to the DCAFS and TIPDeP based in Lilongwe (Malawi), with indicative start date in January 2023 and indicative duration of 18-24 months.
The Coordinator to the DCAFS and TIPDeP group will support dialogue, coordination and cooperation among donors and other development partners, and between these partners and the Government of Malawi in respect to agriculture and food security (DCAFS); and trade, industry and private sector development (TIPDeP). She/he will contribute to strengthening the quality of these partnerships towards the implementation of the Malawi Vision 2063 and sector related strategies and plans.
Key functions (indicative list)
The Coordinator will:
- organize DCAFS and TIPDeP meetings, including appropriate reporting and follow-up of action points internally and with other relevant actors;
- facilitate a clear and efficient exchange of relevant sector information and fluid communication among DCAFS and TIPDeP members, government and other relevant stakeholders;
- ensure regular communication channels with government counterparts and other stakeholders;
- coordinate the participation of DCAFS and TIPDeP in the development of sector policies and strategy reviews, including provision of technical advice and guidance as required;
- ensure regular portfolio and sector analyses to guide discussion and decision-making among DCAFS and TIPDeP members.
Qualifications and skills:
- The expert should have at least a Bachelor Degree or equivalent in a discipline relevant to agriculture, food security, agribusiness and/or private sector development.
General professional experience:
- At least 6 years of proven professional experience relevant to any of the above key functions in Sub-Saharan Africa, of which at least 3 years in Malawi. This can include, but is not limited to the following fields of expertise: agriculture, food security, trade, industry and private sector development.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 3 years of proven experience in the management of coordination groups in agriculture, food security, trade, industry or private sector development.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in Chichewa would be an advantage.
The expert must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities she/he takes on.
Submission of an expression of interest
Interested candidates should express their interest by email to the following functional mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of interest should include a motivation letter and an updated CV (including relevant references).
The final deadline to receive expressions of interest is 22 July 2022, 12 pm (Malawi time). Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the next step of the selection procedure.