Vacancy: Accounts Clerk
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy. The EU Delegation to Malaysia represents the European Union in Malaysia, and plays an essential part in the EU political, economic and commercial relations with the host country, as well as providing information on the policies and institutions of the EU. It has similar function to those of an Embassy.
We offer a post of Accounts Clerk. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Accounts clerk – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function, the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to provide administrative support and assistance in Budget and finance matters under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Administration.
The working time will be in accordance to the Delegation's office working hours and conditions. The successful candidate will be offered an open-end employment contract as Local Agent – Group III. The starting basic salary is MYR 4,717.00 per month.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
Responsible or deputy of different files in particular:
- Assist Administrative section on administrative, budgetary, procurement management and human resource management matters regarding all Delegation’s staff (including accountancy, missions, leave planning, payroll, insurance, medical insurance, provident funds, severance grant, etc)
- Developing and maintaining contacts across Malaysia’ States (including Royal Palaces’ protocol), Federal and State Government, Federal and State Parliaments and Other Official Bodies and Authorities
- In collaboration with the Political Section, identifying appropriate contacts and setting up meetings for Senior EU Diplomats with Malaysian counterparts
- Support the planning and organisation of high-level visits’ programmes including VVIPs and Ministers. This will include liaising with protocol contacts, drafting and submitting corresponding formal notes (notes verbales and third party notes).
- Support and replace the Accountant when the latter is absent
- Regular update of staff, contractors and suppliers' records including information on legal entities and bank accounts for internal accounting system
- Follow implementation of infrastructure files (lease of office and housing, maintenance contracts and other office contracts and equipment) Preparation of purchasing orders and tender files
- Responsible for the update of the Inventory (records and database) of items and goods
- In close coordination with the Head of Administration, manage the overall Delegation’s IT infrastructure (management of IT maintenance contract, contact with HQ Helpdesk)
General administrative duties:
- Assist the Head of Administration in tasks such as coordination of appointments and diary, liaise with colleagues and external contacts (proactivity is essential), draft routine correspondence, as well as administrative notes, etc. Reply to requests from HQ, local authority and other stakeholders. Assist in the preparation of the Delegation’s reporting to HQ
- Maintain the administrative filing system, archives and office supplies
- Contact with service providers, contractors, ministries and organisations as well as Embassies
- Support together with other Sections the organisation of incoming missions from Headquarters, other Delegations. Assist in the organisation of Delegations’ events and meetings
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Head of Administration, or in his/her absence, the Admin Assistant
- Take part as needed in all the transversal work of the Delegation
Selection Criteria Minimum Requirements:
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Proficiency in English and Bahasa Malaysia (written and spoken)
- Has a minimum secondary education
- Possess minimum 3 years of professional experience in an administrative post in a diplomatic mission, multi-international company or organisation, solid administrative knowledge
- Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The following will be considered an asset:
- Working knowledge in European languages
- Financial and Administration qualification
- Protocol experience
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents.
The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post. The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
Please send your application and supporting documents to email@example.com by 15/08/2022. The package should include a cover letter and a comprehensive curriculum vitae indicating education level, work experiences, motivation to join the Delegation of the European Union. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone. Please address any queries concerning this procedure to the above email address.