The European Union Delegation to Mongolia is looking for: Press and Information Officer
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
We offer a post of Press and Information Officer in the Political, Press and Information Section to contribute to improving the visibility of the European Union in Mongolia.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Political, Press and Information Section and in close liaison with the Head of Delegation, Heads of Section and staff of the Delegation, the selected person will help raise the communication, visibility and profile of the EU and of the Delegation to Mongolia through developing the Delegation’s overall communication and visibility strategy; plan, organise and implement press and information activities, as well as public diplomacy and cultural events; initiate, prepare, evaluate and monitor press and media actions; draft, edit and distribute publication materials; monitor local press, both hard copy and online; manage the Delegation’s website and social media accounts; manage the information budget of the Delegation; advise and support the Delegation on all communication matters.
The position at the EU Delegation to Mongolia will be in accordance to regular office working hours and conditions. The successful candidate will be offered an open-end employment contract as Local Agent – Group I. The starting salary is EUR 2 304 per month.
We offer a competitive progressive career in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional EU provident fund and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
We look for
Education and Training
- University degree in International Relations, Communication or other relevant field.
- A working experience of at least three years in journalism and/or public diplomacy is a valuable asset.
- Excellent communication skills, including the use of social media.
- Good presentation skills are an asset.
- Proven networking skills.
- Capacity to express in simple terms complex concepts (written and oral).
- Discretion, dedication, ability to take initiatives and to report, sense of responsibilities.
- Curiosity, ability to quickly adjust to a new working environment, ability to work in a team.
- Excellent drafting skills and report writing.
- Excellent ability to think analytically and innovatively.
- Capabilities to clearly, efficiently and effectively conceptualise ideas and approaches.
- Good capability to convert ideas into practical results that optimise the efficiency and effectiveness of the Delegation’s public activities.
- Sense of initiative.
- Capacity to focus on priorities, to organise work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Capable of producing high quality results within often tight deadlines.
- Ability to negotiate at all levels in a multicultural and multilingual environment.
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience of project management, preferably in formulating and implementing a communication strategy.
- Excellent ability to carry out Press and Information projects such as publication editing and organisation of events.
- Experience with social media management;
- Experience of working with the media;
- Excellent knowledge of the European Union and EU’s relations with the wider region.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- University graduate;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English (C2);
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office suite;
- Proven experience in using social media
The following will be considered an asset:
- Capacity to prioritise tasks assigned;
- Capacity to identify solutions to problems;
- Experience of work in a multicultural and multilingual environment;
- Experience in an embassy, an international organisation or a NGO.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to:
The package should include a cover letter and a detailed CV in English only.
Applications will be evaluated and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone.
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited on the Delegation's website.
The deadline for applications is: 28 February 2022 at 10:00 am (Ulaanbaatar time)