Job Vacancy Announcement
Job Vacancy Announcement
Project title: Strengthening the Institutional Capacity of the Palestinian Energy and Natural Resources Authority (PENRA) and of the Palestinian Electricity Regulatory Council (PERC)
Implementing bodies: Regulatory Office for Network Industries of the Slovak Republic (URSO), Energy Services Agency of Italy (GSE), Regulatory Authority for Energy of Greece (RAE), the Regional Development Agency SP, Slovak Republic (RDA) and Studiare Sviluppo Srl, Italy
Beneficiary institutions: Palestinian Energy and Natural Resources Authority (PENRA) and of the Palestinian Electricity Regulatory Council (PERC)
Contracting Authority: Office of the European Union Representative (West Bank and Gaza Strip, UNRWA)
Project duration: 24 months (from 12 January 2022 to 11January 2024)
Scope of the project: Twinning sector – Energy
Terms of Reference:
The Project implementing body is seeking to recruit two assistants to the RTA:
Job position no. 1) Administrative RTA Assistant
Job position no. 2) Language RTA Assistant
Job position no. 1) - Job description for the Administrative RTA Assistant:
- Assisting RTA in administrative and organisational issues concerning implementation of the project work plan.
- Assisting RTA in organization of experts’ missions, meetings, trainings, seminars, workshops, Steering Committee meetings, and other project events.
- Overall management of the office administration and general correspondence, including filing, organizing trainings, expert missions, local travels, general desk office work, etc.
- Drafting of written materials in relation to organization of the project in Palestine, keeping and archiving project documentation, editing the monthly, quarterly and final project reports and any other relevant documents.
- Assisting in handling of budget accounting and financial information.
- Coordination of missions of short-term experts, arrangement of travel, booking accommodation; assisting in organisation of study visits in close cooperation with the RDA Back up office
- Providing support in communication relating to implementation of the project activities and maintaining contact with the project Beneficiaries, other partners and Project experts.
- Development and maintaining professional working contacts and relations with Beneficiary Project Leader, RTA Counterpart, and other Palestinian officials and experts involved in the project.
- Prospective translations and interpretations in case of replacing or supporting Language RTA Assistant.
- Perform other project related assignments, tasks upon request by RTA.
Job position no. 2) - Job description for the Language RTA Assistant:
- Acting as a Language Assistant to the RTA, cooperate and work with RTA Assistant in daily management of the project related activities.
- Interpretation and translation from Arabic language to English and from English to Arabic language for the RTA and short term experts and other persons involved in the project.
- Providing translation of legislative acts, administrative documents, guidelines, reports, background papers, mainly oriented on the area of energy, regulation of energy and related legal provisions.
- Providing interpretation during meetings with project collaborators, representatives of state institutions, and other stakeholders, as well as interpretation at the trainings, seminars, conferences and other project events.
- Assisting the RTA in the implementation of the work plan of the twinning project, organising meetings, seminars and workshops, attending meetings, training workshops and other project related events and producing minutes of meetings.
- Promoting and maintain professional working relations with the Palestinian Project Leader, RTA Counterpart, and other Palestinian officials and experts involved in the project implementation.
- Closely cooperate and promote work with the Administrative RTA Assistant
Skills and experience required for both RTA Assistants:
- Having university degree background and/or suitable working experience of at least 5 years.
- Having an excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic; knowledge of Slovak/Czech/Italian/Greek language would be considered as an asset.
- Additional training, specialisation, post graduate studies in related areas will be considered as an advantage.
- Having excellent organisational, communication and inter-personal skills.
- Basic understanding of financial management (for Administrative Assistant).
- Familiar with terminology relating to the topics of the project, i.e. energy and energy regulation, etc. (for Language Assistant).
- Having excellent computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Internet).
- Willingness to travel in the country.
- Being free of any contractual relation with the Beneficiary Administrations, i.e. with the links to Palestinian Energy and Natural Resources Authority and of
the Palestinian Electricity Regulatory Council and their subordinated state bodies (if any) during at least 6 months preceding the hiring.
- Working experience with the Palestinian public administration in Twinning or Technical Assistance projects will be a strong advantage (but not as a public administration employee within the past 6 months, as above-mentioned).
- Flexibility, strong adaptation skills and capability to work in multi-cultural, international teams in a potentially stressful environment under tight deadlines; ability to ensure effective and efficient provision of services, loyalty and full confidentiality in all aspects of the assignment, management of information flow, follow-up on deadlines and commitments, positive and constructive attitude.
Conditions for assignment:
Contracting period: The contracting period is in the frame of the project duration (above-mentioned) and can be agreed individually, expected beginning no later than ….. April 2022
Work regime and location: full time, 8 hours a day, mostly in the Twinning Project Office, PENRA, Ramallah, Al-Masaif, Al-Yasmeen Building, occasionally at the events organised in Ramallah and over the country
Application of candidates: Applicants can submit their applications in English, supplemented by CV (in Europass format) and motivation letter at the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: April 17, 2022, by 5 pm Jerusalem time
Interviews will be held on: The shortlisted candidates will be invited by phone or e-mail for an interview on April 18 – 22, 2022 in the Twinning Project Office, Ramallah, Al-Masaif, Al-Yasmeen Building of PENRA.