The European Union Delegation to Paraguay is looking for: Press and Information Officer
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The mission and vision of the EU Delegation to Paraguay are the following:
- Facilitate development of political and economic relations between the EU and Paraguay;
- Managing EU cooperation programmes;
- Disseminating information on the EU, informing the Paraguayan public, decision makers and opinion formers about EU institutions and its policies.
We offer a post of Press and Information Officer . Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Press and Information Officer – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function, the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff in the Political, Press and Information section of the EU Delegation, under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section.
Functions will include
- Drafting the communication strategy and annual planning of the EU Delegation to Paraguay
- Coordinating the implementation of annual activities, efficiently executing the allocated budget, including the implementation of campaigns, outreach activities and high-level events
- Monitoring local and international media publications related to Paraguay, including news about the EU or Paraguay/EU relations
- Planning, drafting and supervising content for the official accounts of the Delegation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Drafting, preparing and distributing daily press reporting
- Contributing and drafting political reports for internal and external use for the Delegation
- Providing updates for the Delegation web-site and the EEAS Intranet
- Planning, management, distribution and follow up of informational materials and communicational items related to the EU
- Contribution, planning and preparing interventions, speeches, briefings and articles, drafting press releases
- Maintaining and developing contacts with press and media actors in Paraguay
- Contribution to organize and manage activities related to EU visits
- Coordination with the HQ of the EU in Brussels and with Member States of the EU in Asunción in the field of communication
- Management of the info point of the Delegation and coordination of the management with other info points
- Planning, coordinating and follow-up of the EU Visitors Programme and journalists’ visits to the EU
- Providing support and supervision on visibility actions for all the activities organized or financed by the Delegation
- Collecting information and data from open source and official sources.
Place of employment is Asunción, Paraguay. The contract signed with the selected candidate will be subject to local legislation. The length of the working week is 37,5 hours.
Gross salary starts from approximately PYG 20.000.000,-, subject to previous professional experience.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law
- Satisfactory knowledge of English and Spanish: ability to understand, read, speak and write: C2
- University degree (Bachelor’s degree)
- At least 5 years of job-related experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
The following will be considered an asset:
- University degree in International Relations and/or Development, Journalism, Communication, Political Science
- Previous experience working with journalists and social media
- Previous experience in international organisations or diplomatic missions
- Good knowledge of French
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to the following e-mail address (subject of the e-mail “Press and Information Officer”): email@example.com
The package should include
- Cover letter in English
- Detailed CV – preferably in Europass format: https://europa.eu/europass/en/create-europass-cv
- Certificates evidencing the minimum requirements for education and work experience
Please do not include other documents/scans not linked to the minimum requirements.
Please compose your application if possible as follows:
- attachments as pdf only;
- total volume of attachments of maximum 5 MB (to avoid rejections by our server);
- avoid submitting documents via online / cloud links: we might not be able to download them and your application will thus not be taken into account.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to firstname.lastname@example.org
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is 08 December 2021